1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well...!...that recall notice/ list is pretty specific and includes the T-cross...
Anybody had a notification or called their Dealer..?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The government website I think only lists SAFETY recalls, so if it's not got a safety impact they don't bother. Used to be you could find under the VW website, owner section recalls on your vehicle, but I can't find it anywhere now. Another casualty of the new website design.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If it's not a safety recall then it is usually applied during the next service.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was in last week for my Tiguan service, so I asked whether this applied to our cross. The agent checked the VIN and confirmed it wasn't related to our car (well the misses car actually)

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
359 Posts
Thanks for the update, useful info and good to know 👍

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just entered my registration on the Government website for recalls, came up clear. Anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
359 Posts
"30 days to oil change service" message came up today, so will also check with dealer when I book the service.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes Digitalracer -- checked mine also -- no problem.

R line DSG 115 in Makena Turquoise
Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just off the phone from dealership, car booked in for 1st service. They checked their records and said no recall on mine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gotta laugh,
There is no recall at all for any model of the T-cross, yet everyone has to check with their dealers..... :D

Lots of sheep on here.......

·
Registered
394 Posts
Kugaman......if you look on the first entry on this post and view the website car recalls Europe VW etc....it clearly mentions a recall for the T-cross......baa,baa.....!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Halin9 said:
Kugaman......if you look on the first entry on this post and view the website car recalls Europe VW etc....it clearly mentions a recall for the T-cross......baa,baa.....!
Sorry, baaa, baaa, should have maybe been even clearer.

There is no UK recall for the T-cross.

Ask VW UK, theres nothing.

Baaaaa, Baaaaa

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mmm..that announcement states VW, Seat and Skoda brands....WORLDWIDE...!....specifically injectors on the 1.0 litre TSI engine.
It definitely doesn't say excluding the UK..!.. So, either that post is incorrect, or you are.!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I admit to being Australian, and therefore my grasp of the mother tongue is precarious and vulgar at best, but like Halin9 I too assumed "worldwide" to include... well... the world. I know Brexit was (is?) a traumatic experience, but I believe the UK only left(is leaving?) Europe, not the entire world, correct?

Clearly there are vehicle driving farm animals who wish to believe otherwise, for some reason unbeknownst to others.

As my old teacher once said, "You have just as much right to your opinion as I have to think it foolish" (Its just such a pity he wrote it on one of my essays :) )

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As with any manufacturer, a bad batch of components can sometimes happen. Clearly this has happened, and due to the detailed logistics records VW can narrow this down to individual car VIN's. These have no doubt shipped worldwide, so they have introduced the recall for these individual cars worldwide.

It's clear that so far MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM do not have one of these affected models. That's all that can be drawn from this limited sample.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The members of this forum who have checked with their Dealer do not appear to have one of the problem cars.!
However, those of us who have not yet checked, could possibly have an affected car..!
So, us sheep, could perhaps benefit from an apology..!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Halin9 said:
The members of this forum who have checked with their Dealer do not appear to have one of the problem cars.!
However, those of us who have not yet checked, could possibly have an affected car..!
So, us sheep, could perhaps benefit from an apology..!
Seconded. 👍👍

1 - 20 of 20 Posts