Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Bought new T cross se reflex silver 110 power September 21.
Dash cam connected to 12v socket, low battery power on dash cam.
Pulled out male fitting to 12v socket and found bottom part of fitting had come off.
Got everything out except chrome nipple, did it fall down.
Fuse in dash cam blown, 20amp fuse in f/box blown.
Purchased new cable for dash cam and fitted new 20amp fuse. still not working.
Checked power both sides of 20amp fuse 12 volt shown, tested at socket for power nil.Purchased tool to remove socket, great item. Checked wires all good, plenty of space under socket if part did fall through.
Visited local VW where car purchased, aftermarket item must be at fault.
So I would have to pay cost to investigate, asked for diagram of f/box in my car, not what is shown in o/manual, and wiring diagram, VW do not give this.
Cannot download wiring diagram from site as in another post.
Can anyone help, sorry query is so long.
Cheers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have you tried any other device in the socket to see if it works? It might be an issue with the dash cam shorting and blowing the fuse in which case is not VWs fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Dash cam works on 2 other cars using 12v socket, I am not blaming VW, I mentioned I tried to get info from VW to help find solution, I thought there would be power at socket after fitting new 20amp fuse without plugging dash cam in, I am trying to find out how to fix without a big bill,
Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If the fuse is ok but you don't get any power on the socket end then maybe there is a wire interrupted in the loom. You could try to check wires continuity with a multimeter between fusebox and 12v socket connector. For the ground wire you can check continuity with one of the bolts on the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again,
Thanks for your reply, perhaps safer to go to local auto/electrician or back to VW.
Access to wires is not easy, would a wiring diagram have helped?.
YouTube videos on this socket not working gets cured with a new fuse, but not for me, I may do more harm.
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts