Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,All.
I've just joined this forum and would like to know a couple of things.
I have a 2019 VW T Cross diesel,4 weeks old and it runs very hot,
also,after driving a while,the revs will not drop below 1000 RPM on tickover.
The cooling fans seem to run for a long time too.
Would any of my peers have any comments ref.my questions.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Almost sounds as if it has gone into DPF regen mode for some reason - sensor failure ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Diesels have the DPF filters which are self-cleaning. When the filter runs almost full in particles it is normal for the engine to hold 1000rpm or a little more. The same happens in my Opel Corsavan cdti once per month. Cooling fans may run for 15 minutes even i am parked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rarrar.Apologies for my late reply to your answer.You werer right,same as agaisma.It was the DPF.I cleared it by a little trip up the road.It did seem odd to me though as it clogged up after only 400 miles.Thanks again,oldmariner.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I cant see why a 4 week old car would be triggering a regen already unless it has done a lot of very short journeys with nothing longer mixed in. If it happens again soon I would be querying whether there is a faulty sensor. Maybe worth hunting around some of the other VW forums for any discussions on this engine and DPF

·
Registered
29 Posts
My previous Golf diesel did the exact same thing. Fan used to go for ages but otherwise no problems with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
rarrar said:
I cant see why a 4 week old car would be triggering a regen already unless it has done a lot of very short journeys with nothing longer mixed in. If it happens again soon I would be querying whether there is a faulty sensor. Maybe worth hunting around some of the other VW forums for any discussions on this engine and DPF
There are quite few reasons for DPF regenerating earlier. Short distances, bad fuel. There are two ways to regen
1.When regeneration occurs, the engine feed the cylinders more fuel than normal. That's why it keeps around 1000rpm(it is also called passive).
2. When active regen occurs, driver MUST drive at least at 65km/h for about 15 minutes so the extra heat generated helps DPF to burn particles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.