Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im just over a month into ownership.. wow.. all the wait and had it a month already.. overall love it :cool:

So taking greycoss's post as a guide, heres my findings....

1, Perfect size , roomy inside...seats comfortable, higher view, easy to drive.
2.. 115ps is perfect, nothing more to say
3, Rev camera is a must, great quality picture and drop down mirror a nice touch
4. Active info Recomended although cant quite get it how i want some things double up
5. Ride on 17's is smooth. Higher sidewalls definitely help. Im over low profile tyres.
6. Build quality is vw , interior plastics dont bother me at all compared to the reviews
7. Lots of configurable options through infotainment screen
8. Beats sound is imo good value , but needs a little setting up
9. Infotainment screen needs wping once a week
10. Had the wiper issue, cleared itself within days
11. Have used the sliding rear seats already, very useful
12. Subwoofer in boot so shelf in upper position ,just store shopping bags under the floor to keep boot area tidy
13. Loving app connect and using phone/spotify, so easy
14. Laneassist, took little getting used to. Its fine. Prefer benefit it gives to any inconvienience...
15. Dsg, coming from cvt i find it almost as snooth
16. Love the keyless lock/unlock.

Things ive not figured out yet

1. No matter how smooth i pull away, sometimes it jumps initially.
2. Beats really needed a separate subwooder control like the 'fender' version has
3. An annoying vw thing... the indicators flash in the mirrors. Catches my eye, driver doesent need to see this. I tape mine over.
4. Fuel economy. My last car did fuel mpg by tank. Cant figure vw's out. Im getting mid 30's everywhere and up yo 47 on the easy downhill 6miles to work. Was expecting an average just above 40 but cant find a reading that will show this. Im getting 300 just over on a tank so that suggests better than mid 30's

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting observation on the indicator lights. I work from home so see my wife leave for work in the morning. Those additional rear or driver facing lights are really noticeable from behind.

I wouldn't want to loose that by taping them up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean the part of the light that flashes on the inside of the door mirror,,, no use to other motorists at all

·
Registered
116 Posts
spc369 said:
I mean the part of the light that flashes on the inside of the door mirror,,, no use to other motorists at all
That's the bit I was talking about aswell! It is actually really visible from behind.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But so is the rear light assy? Ah well annoys the hell outa me especially at night, catches the eye too much

·
Registered
129 Posts
Re mpg, it is possible to get the stats for mpg since last refill. Once you get into the stats just scroll through to move between trip, journey and since refill.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
I agree with Spec 369, out of the corner of your eye the mirror indicator can easily be mistaken for the blind spot monitor. Initially I thought it was a nice feature, but having got used to looking out for the blind spot signal the indicator light has become an annoying distraction. That said, it's a small issue and I absolutely love driving the car. And it's good to look at and just the right size.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Digitalracer said:
I agree with Spec 369, out of the corner of your eye the mirror indicator can easily be mistaken for the blind spot monitor. Initially I thought it was a nice feature, but having got used to looking out for the blind spot signal the indicator light has become an annoying distraction. That said, it's a small issue and I absolutely love driving the car. And it's good to look at and just the right size.
The other day I indicated as a car entered the blind spot. Pretty sure that as I did the blind spot light in the mirror went berserk and started flashing really quickly! The mirror looked like a disco lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
spc369 said:
So im just over a month into ownership.. wow.. all the wait and had it a month already.. overall love it :cool:

So taking greycoss's post as a guide, heres my findings....

Things ive not figured out yet

1. No matter how smooth i pull away, sometimes it jumps initially.
Glad you mentioned this I've had mine a month or so and still have unexpected issues pulling away smoothly at times Not experienced this before in a car not sure if it's a clutch or hill start assist issue. It spoils my positive opinion of the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.