Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Could anyone with a 115 engine tell me if it includes ACT ie deactivation of a cylinder from 3 to 2 when not in use?

The SEAT Arona 115 engine has this and was noticeable by a message in the information area next to the speedo, didn't notice when I test drove the T Cross.

How are people finding the engine, I'm dropping from a VW 2L TDI 150 manual engine.

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought that it was only the 1.5 version (and the old 1.4) that deactivates a cylinder to go from 4 to 3 cylinders - trouble is it seems to deactivate more than that based on the Kangaroo comments.

I don't fancy a 3 cylinder car deactivating one - it would be more like a motorcycle !

There are loads of comments about the engine in https://www.tcrossforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=110

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps it's only on the Seat Arona, but it was definitely active, confirmed by salesperson when I asked

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi YO62TCross and welcome. I also had a TDi 150 PS manual car, a Golf in fact. The only thing I miss from the Golf is the surge of power available when you put your foot down! I am very happy with my T-Cross. I find the 115 PS manual very refined and economical and overall I don't regret moving from the Golf. I love the compact exterior dimensions yet spacious interior.
I too test drove the Arona before deciding on the T-Cross. I am certain that the 3 cylinder engine used across the VW group does not have cylinder de-activation. The Seat salesman you got the info from has mislead you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts