Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a T-Cross on order and would be interested to know if the aerial unscrews and drops down if there is restricted headroom.

Thanks for any replies.

G.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It unscrews but is at a fixed angle. I unscrewed mine when carrying something on the roof. The radio reception did not suffer at the time as as a result.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes I too was surprised how good the radio reception was without the aerial !

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think the roof aerial is GPS not radio.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've fitted a short universal aerial to go under my garage door, this is a temp solution until a shark fin aerial arrives (also universal fitment) :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the shark fin an easy fit?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Geebee said:
Remove the standard aerial by unscrewing the mast
The shark fin has a wire underneath with an open terminal on the end, push the screw through this hole and screw it into the aerial base
remove double sided sticky pad on base of shark fin and stick to roof over top of aerial base

You can buy coloured fins to blend into roof colour but i've ordered a gloss black version to match the rear spoiler, etc

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001359888676.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.46144c4d1VoEkM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
robby71 said:
Geebee said:
Remove the standard aerial by unscrewing the mast
The shark fin has a wire underneath with an open terminal on the end, push the screw through this hole and screw it into the aerial base
remove double sided sticky pad on base of shark fin and stick to roof over top of aerial base

You can buy coloured fins to blend into roof colour but i've ordered a gloss black version to match the rear spoiler, etc

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001359888676.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.46144c4d1VoEkM
Thanks for that Robby

·
Registered
72 Posts
:cry: Well after 6 weeks of waiting the shark fin arrived today - it doesn't fit over the base :cry: so in the bin it's gone just like most of the other chinese crap.....................

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may need to buy a shorter aerial then as not sure if the standard one will clear my garage opening.

I currently have a Skoda Roomster and am able to unscrew the aerial until loose and then lower it down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts