Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondered if anyone had encountered this issue. Pulled off at traffic lights, slight incline, vehicle under power in first gear. Loud growling sound and engine power cut sharply but running. I declutched and then pulled away as normal.
I wondered if maybe patch of oil or fuel and ABS cut in but it didn't seem like that as the car pulled up rather than warning. Could it have been the Front Assistance that misread an obstacle in front ? Welcome any comments.

·
Registered
71 Posts
" Could it have been the Front Assistance that misread an obstacle in front ?"

In my experience, if the front assist kicks in you get a huge red warning symbol on the dashboard and a VERY loud beep. If this was the case, you would certainly know about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. The strange thing is I don't recall a beep or warning symbol. I wonder if it was ABS on an oil or diesel but very sharp and noisy though. Guess I'll have see how is goes along with the issue I had losing clutch hydraulics at 1500 mls !!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I said ABS but does ESC activation produce these symptoms ???

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know if this is similar, but in my DSG equipped T Cross, I have had front assist intervene suddenly when pulling into a drive in park. The front assist mistook a drain grid set flush into the ground for an obstacle, and braked so suddenly I thought I hit something. I was too surprised to look for symbols appearing on the dashboard. A friend has had a similar experience on a Porsche Macan, so it's a new tech foible that I need to adjust to. Cheers-John

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
359 Posts
I too find it very aggressive.
First time doing nearly 30 the brakes suddenly anchored on as someone approached from a side turning in a normal manner, and to make matters worse the road was gritty from road works and the car skidded.
And more recently reversing in the fish shop carpark I thought I had hit something, yet when I looked I was about 3 feet away from an obstacle I was already fully aware of.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same here. Vehicle pulled up just on the bend behind. Spooky as it also happened at chip shop !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car stopped autonomously at a junction when I was on the main road; another car had stopped to my left to cross the junction. As I had right of way and a clear road I was not braking. My car stopped abruptly in the middle of the road. Luckily nothing behind me. I assume I have to turn Front Assist off completely to stop this happening again?

·
Registered
394 Posts
You can reduce the sensitivity in car settings which should help.. my brakes banged on recently, complete with large flashing red warning light, for no apparent reason..! Frightening..!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts