Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the sun shade in the windscreen area, lock the car and within 5 -10 minutes the alarm goes off ( I live in a hot country and need the protection when there is no shade). I cannot figure out why this happens. Any solutions? I have resorted to throwing a reflective cover on the outside but the interior one is easier and quicker to use.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I honestly cannot think of what might cause that. Never had a issue with sun or heat here in Australia (well, lots of issues with the sun and the heat, but none related to my T-Cross or its alarm).

Could it possibly be a loose solder joint or wiring that get loose when it softens in the heat? (It a stretch, but I'm struggling to think what else it could be, and you cant fix it even if that is the case).
Best bet is to take it back to the dealers for a check (or a mechanic).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly cannot think of what might cause that. Never had a issue with sun or heat here in Australia (well, lots of issues with the sun and the heat, but none related to my T-Cross or its alarm).

Could it possibly be a loose solder joint or wiring that get loose when it softens in the heat? (It a stretch, but I'm struggling to think what else it could be, and you cant fix it even if that is the case).
Best bet is to take it back to the dealers for a check (or a mechanic).
Yes, I think there may be a faulty motion sensor in the front . Looks like I will have to take it back to the garage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts