Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and greetings, came across this forum whilst researching my next car, currently have a Skoda Yeti, which is 3.5 years old and now considering replacement options. The T-Cross and T-Roc are both on my short list and got test drives booked for the weekend, anything I should look out for during the visit to the show rooms and test drive.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi, welcome. Ive not driven a troc but have driven an auto/manual tcross. Both were smooth and drove well. We didnt need the extra size of the troc so its just a case of seeing what suits your needs best and picking the trim level / options.
Whatever you chose you wont be disappointed. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another welcome from me! I had a 2014 Yeti 110 Bhp diesel before my recently traded in Golf diesel. I now have a 115 PS T-Cross manual SEL. It has a similar footprint to the Yeti - actually slightly smaller all round, but has more space inside somehow. The boot in particular is much more useful. I really liked the Yeti but think the T-Cross is a step up in so many ways. I am finding the 115 PS engine fine - you do have to drive it differently to a diesel - keeping the revs up at 2000 rpm helps make good progress. I am getting surprisingly good fuel economy - an indicated 50.4 mpg on my first half tank of petrol.
Regarding the T-Roc, if you go for the 1.5 litre petrol engine there are sometimes issues with the smooth take up of 1st gear. Maybe something to be aware of. Also the T-Cross has more safety kit as standard I think. Anyway good luck with the test drives!

·
Registered
46 Posts
And... another welcome by me! Got a good quote 2 months ago for my beloved 9yr old Yeti 1.2TSi. I said yours to the new buyer, and with my wife limitation "i wont drive as a town car anything above 4.20 lenght" I was in the market for a car the next day. I drove the 95hp T cross and said it OK for my needs even with the small engine, so the 115hp would be even better.

Went to the dealer to order a grey 115hp style. He said delivery 2nd wk of September, but he replied "what about a white 1st wk of July?" Mine Sir!!!! They only annoying is i am currently using my Audi avant TQ as a town car and this is pain for the car, my back and my wallet! Go ahead and do the change, you won't regret.

Cheers from Greece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts