Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got WeConnect. At the moment I can't see any benefits of having it. I thought it was going to tell me if me car was locked etc?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like the range till empty monitor and battery voltage..... but its a gimmick at best..... i guess a few weeks in theres no real benefit

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only WeConnect rather than WeConnect Go, having been told the Go with DataPlug has been replaced with the Connect app, but it doesn't seem to have the features you just mentioned 😥 and so far I feel it is useless. Will ask when I go back to garage after our holiday.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Digitalracer said:
I have got WeConnect. At the moment I can't see any benefits of having it. I thought it was going to tell me if me car was locked etc?
The features to say whether the car is locked etc. are part of the "Security and Services" part of Carnet..

This is not available on any T-Cross, irrespective of trim level, there is a misprint in the T-Cross brochures..

I have followed this up with both the Carnet support teams and also VW UK customer services, who both confirm that "Security and Services" is not available on the T-Cross, only the T-Roc..

All we get on a T-Cross is the "Guide and Inform" which does no more than give you traffic information and allow you to upload destinations from the internet portal to the car..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
greycross said:
Digitalracer said:
The features to say whether the car is locked etc. are part of the "Security and Services" part of Carnet..

This is not available on any T-Cross, irrespective of trim level, there is a misprint in the T-Cross brochures..

I have followed this up with both the Carnet support teams and also VW UK customer services, who both confirm that "Security and Services" is not available on the T-Cross, only the T-Roc..

All we get on a T-Cross is the "Guide and Inform" which does no more than give you traffic information and allow you to upload destinations from the internet portal to the car..
A case of miss selling then🤔 I'm sure I was told about security app at the first garage.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spc369 said:
You should have something like this? I only have we connect too
Never seen that screen on WeConnect and MyVW only refers to the Volvo I traded in. Your screen is useful so will pursue that with garage, but disappointed about no security app😔

·
Registered
313 Posts
Digitalracer said:
spc369 said:
You should have something like this? I only have we connect too
Never seen that screen on WeConnect and MyVW only refers to the Volvo I traded in. Your screen is useful so will pursue that with garage, but disappointed about no security app😔
This app....

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for pic, my app hasn't got that symbol. Will try and find it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have a DataPlug with that app,?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Digitalracer said:
Do you have a DataPlug with that app,?
Yes, afaik it transfers the data from ecu to app... not sure blutooth or cable connection does this

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was told no more data plugs being issued and now superceded by the app I have. It seems useless so far. Will investigate after my holiday when I have a dealer visit. Other than that am very happy with the car, looks cool and a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Newbie said:
Pick up car last week, data plug supplied without asking for it.
Strange I did not get one.... And I did ask!!! I will give them a call and see if I can get one in the post. Garage is 75 mile round trip.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Newbie said:
Mine came fitted, I have to say not sure I'll use it very often if ever. Can't see the benefits
I think looking at the screen Spec369 kindly provided there is some useful info there so will persue getting the plug.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Agree, if you should have one then make sure you get it. I was thinking, if you buy a used VW you should check if there's a data plug fitted and remove it. I'm not clear if the code can be reused by a second owner and the previous owner denied access

·
Registered
16 Posts
Newbie said:
Agree, if you should have one then make sure you get it. I was thinking, if you buy a used VW you should check if there's a data plug fitted and remove it. I'm not clear if the code can be reused by a second owner and the previous owner denied access
I don't think the plug works like that. The only code I had to use was the Bluetooth code on the back of the box to connect it to my phone.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Spoke to garage yesterday, after a long search they found a data plug for me. Will collect after my holiday. Was told it would be £40 but I was told it came free with the car when I bought it and all websites say it is free too, so will discuss then. Does the data plug state if vehicle is locked too?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Digitalracer said:
Does the data plug state if vehicle is locked too?
The data plug only communicates with your phone by Bluetooth..

If you run the app and the phone is connected (by Bluetooth) to the data plug, then your journey details pop up.

I will have a look to see what information is available, I have seen battery voltage and fuel level but can't remember what else is available.

It would be really nice if information from the data plug was visible remotely when away from the vehicle, but sadly it is not !!

As I have said in other posts, the "Security and Service" thing is needed to provide info from the car via its built in 2G data connection, but the T-Cross does not support this at any trim level. There is a misprint in the brochure. The T-Roc has it and it is nice !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.