Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my DSG, the slightest release of pressure on the brake pedal and the engine fires up again, so annoying having to stand on the pedal constantly. Whereas my partner's Volvo the engine doesn't restart til you touch the accelerator, so much better. Is there any reconfiguration?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unfortunately it's a standard time / feature on all VAG cars. I had an Audi A3 DSG and it was the same and no adjustments are possible.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YO62Tcross said:
Unfortunately it's a standard time / feature on all VAG cars. I had an Audi A3 DSG and it was the same and no adjustments are possible.
😭😭

·
Registered
313 Posts
Tbh, i dont mind it. Id previous said how i felt my dsg jump on the odd pull away. Bit of figuring out sometimes you an take foot off brake and pull away to fast it will jump. So now when i see opposite lights change i just move the steering wheel a tad to start. By time im ready to go its much smoother. Just adjusting to it

But yes sometimes it cuts out and id rather it not.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's just that it needs such a hard press constantly, the slightest ease off and it starts up again which defeats the object. Not easy when you have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is why I chose DSG. It would have been so much better if it stayed switched off until you touch the accelerator as in the Volvo. This is my first experience of stop/start.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just switch the stop/start off with the switch on the dash each time I set off... Personally, I think it is much over rated , causes more wear to the starting components, and probably causes more emissions on start up than saved by ticking over..!...just my view..!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I find it annoying when changing from gear to reverse, and also the "kick" that starts the car when starting again.

·
Registered
395 Posts
"Quote"I find it annoying when changing from gear to reverse, and also the "kick" that starts the car when starting again."

Just switch it off..!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Digitalracer you sure its brake pressure and not you touching the steering wheel? I thought this at First as my Tig and the misses previous Polo didn't sense the steering wheel, but the T does. So just an unconscious slight movement and it starts again.

Now I'm aware of it I'm hands off if I want it stopped, and a little wiggle if it's stopped when I didn't want it, e.g. waiting to pull out quickly from a junction.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Halin9 said:
"Quote"I find it annoying when changing from gear to reverse, and also the "kick" that starts the car when starting again."

Just switch it off..!
Yeah, but that is hard to remember as I like the feature when driving in traffic

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tricky2 said:
Digitalracer you sure its brake pressure and not you touching the steering wheel? I thought this at First as my Tig and the misses previous Polo didn't sense the steering wheel, but the T does. So just an unconscious slight movement and it starts again.

Now I'm aware of it I'm hands off if I want it stopped, and a little wiggle if it's stopped when I didn't want it, e.g. waiting to pull out quickly from a junction.
On holiday at the moment, enjoying blue skies and mid 20's 😎 so can't double check, but I was aware of the steering wiggle feature and fairly confident that isn't the case. Will double check and confirm next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts