Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post. Just ordered a brand new T cross from dealer stock and take delivery next week.
I have a question about the App-Connect that I can't find an answer for. Perhaps someone on here might be able to answer.
As I understand it the S model doesn't come with Apple CarPlay / AA. This correlates with images I've seen of S model infotainment screens where the App-Connect button isn't available and nor is the Nav button on the top right of the unit. The dealer has sent me a video of our car and when he briefly went through the infotainment screen the App-Connect option was there and the Nav button is on the top right of the unit. The Nav doesn't really interest me but will the App-Connect and Apple CarPlay be available as the option is on the screen? The S must be discontinued as I can't see it on VW website so can't check if I should have it or not.
Does anyone have a 2021 S model and if so can CarPlay be accessed?
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
The pictures you've seen before may be of the car with the MIB2 head unit, this did come in several versions depending on model whether it had apps and nav. However the current cars come with MIB3 which is a common unit across the range, and features can now be added by buying the upgrade to enable it in the head unit.

That's the theory, at roll out last year there were issues, there's a long story on here of someone who ordered this, the garage couldn't get it to work, and had to order a replacement car. I've not heard this continuing, so maybe it's now working as intended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tricky.
I asked the dealer what happens when the App-Connect button is pressed and it just says "This function is unavailable". Not sure if it can be made available but it'd seem pretty stupid to have the button there if it can't?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.