Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously we have been doing more journeys in the dark recently and using the headlights more.
It seems that the auto headlights will only give full beam at speeds above 38mph. I am finding this quite useless.

Is this normal or do I have a problem

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nope, normal unfortunately. It enables at around 37 mph, disables around 20 mph. There are settings that can be changed with OBDeleven or VCDS to change the speed thresholds

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would they do that? Another "Feature" ruined by weird decisions from VW software writers.

I can see I am going to need to buy OBDeleven.

Tricky2, You, very usefully, found the auto locking settings for me when we first owned the car but how do you find the features you want to change on OBDeleven amongst pages & pages of lists in German?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I scan through the OBDeleven forums for VW's, these are mostly in english. Coding essentially the same across the board for different models but of the same generation. E.g. Tiguan mk2 or golf 7 coding is mostly the same for the T-Cross and T-Roc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
- To code High Beam Assist (for vehicles with Lane Assist fitted).

1. Select Control Module 09
2. Select Adaptions
3. Select Assistant light functions
4. Change Menu light assistant and to 'PRESENT'

for security code use 31347

5. Select Control Module A5
6. Select Long coding
7. Select byte 2
8. Change Bit 0 to a "1" or use drop down menu to select "Coding_light_assist High_beam_assist''

- High beam assist setting persistent:
Adaptation

1. Select Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
2. Select Adaptation
3. Select Fernlicht_assistent
4. Select Fernlichtassistent Reset:
5. Change from active to not active

This worked for me as per every time i tap the lights to enable it, i cannot disable unless i turn off the car. Still it does not keep the setting in memory(light switch in AUTO)

- Now to change the enabling threshold do as follow:

1. Module 20 (High Beam Assist)
2. Select adaptation
3. Select "High beam speed threshold"
4. Change the speed it will activate to a speed of your choice. It is in KMPH and is about 60kmph as standard. Ive dropped mine to 35

·
Registered
412 Posts
I enabled mine through OBDeleven, i didn't pay for it. Note, It only works if your light stalk is momentary, i.e. returns to centre from selecting high beam or dip beam. If it latches forward it won't function properly.

To turn off the assist i find if you pull the stalk towards you. It also goes off if you change the light switch away from auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts