Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having scanned through the forums I’ve found threads which say the battery needs charging and people worrying about what charger to use etc. This is actually putting me off buying the car and would consider it a fault in a brand new car. What is wrong with the car that makes it need it’s battery charged, other than leaving the lights on or something of that kind? I have had many many makes of new car in my driving life and never had a car that needs the battery charging for no apparent reason.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Same here, 2 years old never had a battery issue.

Reactions: Jay

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just about all new cars use stop/start technology which will cause the battery to be bought into play more often than what used to be the case. In normal running or, if you disable stop/start every time you set off, the battery should not be affected. I use a C-Tek charger occasionally on my T-Cross as well as on my MK 6 Golf. It is a prudent step in my view to prolong battery life. It's not a fault with the car, just a recognition that cars are often driven short distances, and there has never been a time when modern vehicles have many additional energy using features.-Cheers-John

Reactions: bremnersimpson

·
Registered
2019 T-Cross 1.0 115 k Manuál Limestone Grey
1 Posts
Does anyone know what type of battery is used in the T-cross? I have a Bosch C3 charger. Which battery to choose when charging? thanks for the answers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can only recommend a C-TEK charger. Make sure it is optimised for AGM batteries (start/stop). I don't have any issue with the battery in my T-Cross, but with constant air conditioning, lights and short journeys during the dark days of winter, I might pop the battery on charge once or twice just to keep it conditioned.

·
Registered
65 Posts
All cars with start/stop system uses sturdier batteries and start motors. My T-Cross is 2,5 years old, no problems with battery and in here (Finland) we have very cold winters which burden battery more. I have no battery charger.

-eelis-

Reactions: Halin9

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
I've recently sold my Tiguan, which had start stop, and was 6.5 years old and still the same battery with never an issue with the battery. Yes, sometimes if left idle for several days start stop wouldn't work. But after a reasonable run it always came back into operation. Don't believe all this hype about the batteries not being up to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts