Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if this affects the regular audio systems. I have Beats and while it's not the most powerful system out there, I still enjoy it very much. However, there is a significant reduction in the low frequencies/bass when the engine is not running, i.e. when stopping at junctions and the start/stop system activates. This happens regardless of the volume level and is very noticeable. As an audiophile this bothers me a lot, so much that I find myself turning off the start/stop system sometimes just so I can enjoy my music. Now I can understand that at full power the system might be drawing too much from the battery, but this happens at really low volume levels too and is still very noticeable.
Is anyone else with a Beats system experiencing this? Can this be changed somehow, e.g. with a service software or something similar?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the upgrade Beats system also and I can honestly say I have never noticed the bass dropping out when the engine turns off... weird...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, My Beats system works the same whether running or idling at lights etc. -Cheers-John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting... I might have a word with my dealer then. Thanks for the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts