Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been in to the dealers to start the wheels in motion to order my T cross SEL only to be told there is now a block on any new orders until September, so if ordered then it will be January/February before it arrives, no plan B as yet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
:eek: where are you based peter?

I'm wondering wether it's because of brexit for the uk or the factory running at capacity

·
Registered
129 Posts
Would be worth checking with other dealers whether that is really the case or whether it is just that the dealer in question has ordered too much recently.
However the other possible explanation is that VW are losing too much on the exchange rate at the moment and are about to put out a new price list.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The information came from Listers in Evesham, they're saying it's a nationwide issue.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Peterg said:
The information came from Listers in Evesham, they're saying it's a nationwide issue.
It is normally sensible checking what a dealer says with another dealer !

However if true it is worth seeing what cars are available in the UK now or whether a dealer has a confirmed order that can be modified for your requirements.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Brexit, capacity, exchange rate, all possible and valid reasons.

Perhaps I should have placed my order rather than holding back, my local dealer did ring me this week to see if I was ready to order, never mentioned supply issues.

Interestingly over on the Audi Q2 forum, similar case of dealer not able to take an order, which seems a strange way to run a business, the mind does boggle sometimes with the way VW operate.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wonder how long its likely to be closed for,,, cant be good for business and certainly lose orders to other brands.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, what can I say, called at a different dealership and they categorically said that the system is still very much open to new orders, although they agreed that with the Christmas factory shutdown it's possible delivery could be January.
Any hoo i have now bought their showroom car which is a R line which is in Reflex silver and comes with the winter pack, rear view camera, folding door mirrors and first 2 services included, it has to be registered this month so it will be on a 19 plate but for the discount they gave me it was a no brainier.
I pick it up in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Peterg said:
Well, what can I say, called at a different dealership and they categorically said that the system is still very much open to new orders, although they agreed that with the Christmas factory shutdown it's possible delivery could be January.
Any hoo i have now bought their showroom car which is a R line which is in Reflex silver and comes with the winter pack, rear view camera, folding door mirrors and first 2 services included, it has to be registered this month so it will be on a 19 plate but for the discount they gave me it was a no brainier.
I pick it up in 2 weeks.
Sounds an excellent spec.
There will be a number of good deals around now for registration before 16 August !
And the moral is don't take the word of one dealer as being accurate !

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice result peter :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Peterg said:
I pick it up in 2 weeks.
Sounds like a great buy and a good spec, if only my local dealer would offer a fair discount would have had one on order by now. 2 weeks is not long too wait enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.