Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with mine but mine is on the head unit it self as sometimes when i start the Bluetooth won't connect but while it is doing this the navigation won't load and other menu all say it won't load. After a few minutes the nav and other menu load but the phone menu says either telephone not available or switch on Bluetooth but when I enter the menu to switch it on Bluetooth is greyed out. The only way I can get it to work is hold the power button down on the head unit for 20seconds for it to reboot then everything loads up fine.

I'm going to mention it when it goes in for service just wondering has anyone else had this issue

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a similar issue with mine which is doing my head in as I usually use BT audio to play music from my IPhone while driving. The phone connects to the car fine the first time I start then if I stop somewhere for a couple of minutes, the next time I start the engine it fails to connect to the phone. If the car stays parked for more than 30 minutes, the next time I start it connects to the phone as normal again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it really annoying. Mine is in for service on the 10th March and I have asked them to have a look at while it in. So hopefully they will find what's wrong and fix it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My infotainment system has started rebooting every couple of minutes. I've got it booked in at the dealership next week but, in the meantime, I think I've tracked it down to this same problem. It's failing to start bluetooth and gives up and reboots after two or three minutes. Sometimes it eventually connects after half an hour, other times never.

·
Registered
15 Posts
RichB said:
My infotainment system has started rebooting every couple of minutes. I've got it booked in at the dealership next week but, in the meantime, I think I've tracked it down to this same problem. It's failing to start bluetooth and gives up and reboots after two or three minutes. Sometimes it eventually connects after half an hour, other times never.
The dealership have run diagnostics and confirm that I need a new '5F Module'. I'm under warranty so no charge.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the car back today after five days at the dealership. New '5F Control Unit' fitted and seems to have fixed the problem. Glad this didn't happen out of warranty, I dread to think what this work would have cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did I speak too soon? Got the dreaded "Bluetooth Not Available" message again today. Puzzlingly, I removed the SD2 card and bluetooth miraculously recovered? Let's see how this transpires but I suspect a return to the dealership may be forthcoming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
An explanation: Apparently the new T-Cross doesn't have an SD slot for media. Clearly the update they've carried out on my infotainment system objects if there's an SD card in the slot. I am told that VW are "Working on a solution". Thankfully it doesn't object if there's no media card in the SD slot. Why didn't they bother to tell me when I picked up the vehicle from the workshop?
I hope the sat nav works?

·
Registered
414 Posts
With respect, this is 'bull$hit baffles brains'. The new models don't have an SD slot as it's a totally different head unit, the MIB3 (search on here for various threads about it. The likelyhood they fitted you with an MIB3 unit as replacement is remote. They would have swopped it with the same unit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tricky2 said:
With respect, this is 'bull$hit baffles brains'. The new models don't have an SD slot as it's a totally different head unit, the MIB3 (search on here for various threads about it. The likelyhood they fitted you with an MIB3 unit as replacement is remote. They would have swopped it with the same unit.
Agree. A software for the MIB3 unit wouldn't run on the 2020 MY MIB2 unit as it is totally different hardware etc. The navigation system on the new head unit doesn't sit on an SD card but in memory in the unit itself as far as I know (so updates come in over the air rather than having to save it onto a card)

I suspect as Tricky has said this sounds a bit like the dealer tying to invent an excuse rather than admit they don't know what's going wrong !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since mine has been in for service in March and they did a software update on the head unit I haven't had this issue and I have the sat nav and a music sd card in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts