Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have owned my new T-Cross SE for two weeks and I love it. But, does anyone else feel the boot closure is lacking?? There are dummy buttons which I assume are for electric closure on higher specs, but there is no internal hand hole for shutting the boot (there is probably a proper word for that!). So when I shut the boot I just have to push/pull from the outside which is slippy either due to wax or rain and often dirty. Is this normal for SE? Can't find anything on the spec

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
I took a couple of weeks to find the internal hand pulls. They are there, quite far outside and in line with the warning triangle opening and vertically in line with the engraved diagrams on the underside of the cover. Keep trying, you'll find them eventually :)

Electric closure is not currently available on any spec model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thankyou for your replies. I have had a look. There are gaps in the plastic quite far inside the underside of the boot door. Do you mean those? Not sure I could pull the boot down and get my hand out of the way quick enough! Very strange design ..... Have attached photos

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jode said:
Ok thankyou for your replies. I have had a look. There are gaps in the plastic quite far inside the underside of the boot door. Do you mean those? Not sure I could pull the boot down and get my hand out of the way quick enough! Very strange design ..... Have attached photos
I've just been to local dealership to have a look (I collect my 20 plate on March 1st) and it's not the cut-outs you show in photo. There are 'pull-down pockets' that are further outboard which are hidden and face in the opposite direction to the cut-outs you show in your photo... a very poor design imo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very common design in VAG cars. Little practicing and it's second nature. You give it a start and then let it drop by itself, works for me.
Can I ask you, where did you find those 'dummy buttons' Jode?

-eelis-

·
Registered
156 Posts
From the manual..

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jode said:
These are the dummy buttons (photo) and they are on both edges of the boot. Can't see anything like what is being described as boot pulls!!! Will look again in daylight tomorrow....
No, they're not 'dummy buttons' it's a marking showing the location of 'boot pulls' which are directly behind the markings. Look carefully and you will see a hand symbol.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
I've highlighted the boot pull in your picture...

Grille Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

The shadow is the edge of the boot pull.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.