Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was considering the purchase of the VW 'Boot Liner' for my T-Cross R-Line but was a little concerned that it appears to be quite flimsy?

Has anyone purchased one of these, or are there any other non VW branded ones that you would recommend?

Thanking you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
My wifes came with the boot liner and rubber mats.

Yes, its pretty lightweight, more of a compressed foam than rubber.

Its worn well so far, 2500 miles in.

However, no idea of the price, I doubt IT would be worth more than £50 at a guess.....

G

·
I bought one on line from VW spares. £51 with VAT and delivery. It is very lightweight but fits perfectly. Not sure it will take much abuse but it will stop dust grit and rubble etc getting inside the boot. I use my cars a lot to ferry stuff to the local council tip and to carry plants etc so I hope it was worth buying. Only works with the boot in raised position. The lip at the back could be damaged if it is left in with the seats down and longer items placed on it.
I have seen loads of other boot liners using a google search. Some claim to be T Cross specific.
Mine remains the only T Cross I have seen on the Road.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I bought one with my T cross...and yes, it appears rather flimsy but is a good fit and does the job.As Maybach says, it only fits with the boot floor in the top position. I think VW do a sturdier version, at a higher price but, unless you are carrying, rough, heavy items, it does the job. For occasional use with the floor in low position, I bought a "cut to size" rubber boot mat off EBay...!

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
Yes, I did ebay too for, I think, £9.99 incl delivery and cut to size. Very happy at that price and thought fit for purpose.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
The T Cross liner is a sort of foam material that doesn't appear too sturdy on first appearance.
I used a cheap generic Halfords boot liner made from almost identical material as a "tray" under my leaking tumble dryer for several months this year.Did the job and absolutely undamaged at the end of it despite the heat and damp and the heavy dryer being slid in and out whilst on top of it on a weekly basis.No marks no tearing shame it doesn't fit the T Cross nicely.
As an aside hard plastic liners have marked the boot side walls in my previous cars so rubber or foam is the way to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone... I've tried the Amazon Rubber mat which cut to size beautifully and so far so good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.