Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a T-Cross, but I can't get a solid answer on how much storage the boot has... If you were to push the back seats all the way forward, could you get a mountain bike in the back? (without removing any wheels from the bike).

I'd look for myself at a showroom but everywhere is closed with the current virus situation.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only way you would fit a mountain bike in the back is if you fold the Rear seat backs down, and even then it might be a squeeze, hope this helps you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I meant with the seats pushed forward all the way and the seat backs down too. I can almost get it to fit in my Corsa 3 door, so I assumed the extra space available with the t-cross would be enough. But they are a awkward size and shape to fit...

·
Super Moderator
462 Posts
I would say it's a tight fit. Moving the seats forward doesn't give any extra space, though the front bike wheel may drop down in the gap. Also, the back window slopes quite a bit.

A couple of pictures to help you visualise:

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car Automotive design

Couch Rectangle Wood Musical instrument Grey

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's really helpful, thanks! With my front wheel turned it measures at 137cm, so it would definitely be a tight squeeze!

I just don't like the idea of having the bike on top of the car, and I've heard bad things about rear bike mounts..

·
Registered
55 Posts
My one gripe with the T-Cross is that the boot is too small in depth (front to back). I can only just get my golf trolley in the boot by sliding the rear seats forward. VW should have made the car 10cm longer at the back then there would be no need for the sliding rear seats.

·
Super Moderator
462 Posts
But then it's a T-Roc :)

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
384 Posts
😂😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.