Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, very nervous because i just received my new t cross and i am moving cross country tomorrow almost 525miles(850 km) I can't find anything in the instructions manual can i safely use cruise control to break the car in?

Right now car has only 125 miles(250km or so)

Also here's my baby :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi

Normally the guidance for running in a new engine is to vary the revs. So I would probably avoid prolonged use of the cruise control.

Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
156 Posts
Perusal said:
When we collected our car last week the salesman said there was no need for a run in period but just to go home and drive it normally.
That is exactly what our dealer told me..

I did read somewhere to kept the Revs below 4k for 1000 miles, which is 2/3 of the 6k red line.

So this is what I did, kind of made sense to me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It will be in the car's manual.
Unfortunately new ones are not online anymore, however a Polo manual from last year says:-

Running in the engine
Any new engine has to be run in during the first 1,500 kilometres. All moving parts have to adapt themselves to each other. The engine is subject to higher internal friction during the first hours of operation than later on.

Do not depress the accelerator fully.
Do not drive the vehicle at more than 2/3 of the top engine speed.
Do not drive with a trailer attached⇒ Towing a trailer .
Increase the driving speed and engine speed gradually.
The style of driving during the first 1,500 kilometres will also affect the engine quality. Even after this time - and especially with a cold engine - drive the vehicle at moderate speeds in order to reduce engine wear and to increase the mileage that the engine can cover.

Do not drive at engine speeds that are too low. Always shift down gear if the engine is not running smoothly.

New tyres ⇒ Wheels and tyres  and brake pads ⇒ Notes on driving  must be run in carefully.

If the engine is run in gently, its life will be increased and its oil consumption reduced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.