Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

Breakdown Insurance

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Digitalracer 
#1 ·
Hi All

The previous few cars I have purchased (Vauxhall and Fiat) have all come with some form of breakdown assistance from the AA, RAC etc and there has been a card or information in the car about how to contact them in the event of a breakdown

When I picked up my T-Cross there was nothing about VW providing any similar service. It didn't bother me too much at the time as I already had breakdown cover in place, but this is now due to renew, and before I renew, I wondered if any UK members of the forum can advise whether VW provide this ? I know the buttons in the roof contain some sort of service, breakdown and emergency call functions, but there is nothing in the manual or handover documentation to suggest whether there is any cover in place for the first year (or 2 or 3)

Thanks

Neil

#5 ·
All new VWs I owned came with 1y complimentary breakdown cover through AA. The T-Cross is 1 year due next week and I have already received by post a card from VW about expiration and renewal. I think it's £99/year or something like that. You should have received a Roadside Assitance Handbook with your User Manual in the VW pouch.

#6 ·
GeoBog said:
All new VWs I owned came with 1y complimentary breakdown cover through AA. The T-Cross is 1 year due next week and I have already received by post a card from VW about expiration and renewal. I think it's £99/year or something like that. You should have received a Roadside Assitance Handbook with your User Manual in the VW pouch.
Thanks, I've emailed the dealer to see what the situation is. All that was in the pouch was the manual, nothing else. I queried about a service book but apparently it's all done electronically so there is no physical book to stamp these days

#7 ·
I got one year roadside assistance with my car when we bought it , but I have had RAA roadside assistance for about 25 years. Many other benefits included with RAA with discounts etc. If I pay for a 5 year service plan, VW will add roadside assistance to it. Haven't decided on the service plan yet.

#8 ·
neilmanc said:
GeoBog said:
Thanks, I've emailed the dealer to see what the situation is. All that was in the pouch was the manual, nothing else. I queried about a service book but apparently it's all done electronically so there is no physical book to stamp these days
Queried electronic service record with dealer and he said i could also have a service book so will pick it up when 1000 mile inspection is done.

#9 ·
Geebee said:
neilmanc said:
GeoBog said:
Queried electronic service record with dealer and he said i could also have a service book so will pick it up when 1000 mile inspection is done.
"1000 mile inspection" ?? - as far as I was aware there was an oil change at 1 year and that was it. I'm well over 1000 miles and never had any indication anything needed to be done at that stage?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.