Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the Q2 forum, and got positive feedback,
Hopefully 2021 owners of the T Cross 1.5 DSG are also happy, I would be grateful for your comments.

“When I wanted to change my 2017 1.4 Q2 in 2019, I declined the 1.5 becaues of the reported kangarooing.
I settled for a 1.0 RLine T cross, hoping a new Q1 would appear in the future.
Although there are hardly any recent complaints on here, Simon DD did report the problem with his April 21 Q2.
So, just for peace of mind, can I be assured by any 2021 owners that the 35 engine with the S Tronic gearbox is now judder/kangarooing free?
Thanks in advance for any feedback”.

Reactions: ruminguyen

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted this on the Q2 forum, and got positive feedback,
Hopefully 2021 owners of the T Cross 1.5 DSG are also happy, I would be grateful for your comments.

“When I wanted to change my 2017 1.4 Q2 in 2019, I declined the 1.5 becaues of the reported kangarooing.
I settled for a 1.0 RLine T cross, hoping a new Q1 would appear in the future.
Although there are hardly any recent complaints on here, Simon DD did report the problem with his April 21 Q2.
So, just for peace of mind, can I be assured by any 2021 owners that the 35 engine with the S Tronic gearbox is now judder/kangarooing free?
Thanks in advance for any feedback”.
Well I’m encouraged by the fact that no one came back with a complaint, and so went out yesterday and ordered a 1.5 DSG VW Taigo, (very similar to the T Cross).
Bit hesitant at first, what with the chip shortage, loss of production and covid, but managed to get a really good deal. Lead time for the T Cross according to Car wow is 5 months, and it’s the same for the Taigo

Reactions: ruminguyen

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No as there wasn’t one to try
A demonstrator was due in soon, but I chose to take a chance..
I nearly went with the same 1.0 engine that I have now which is really good. However, having satisfied myself that the 1.5 has now been rectified I went for that instead.
I am pleased with my T Cross, and confident the Taigo won’t be much different ride wise, and the interior dash layout looks better.

I needed to get things moving as I wanted delivery before my car was 3 years old.
With Covid seemingly getting worse I could see there could be more delays ahead.
I think I was lucky with the timing, sales target wise it was at the end of the quarter, and the year, so that might of helped.

Car wow quotes were all at full list price, less £500 VW PCP deposit contribution, which is what my dealer first came up with.
That left my Trade in to negotiate. I held back disclosing my research and was offered more than ‘We buy any Car’ but not as much as some of the other on line valuations. To be honest, it was quite fair.
I said that whilst I hated Dutch auctions, I did need to try another VW dealer.
This prompted the anticipated question “my Sales manager has asked what would it take to allow you to sign TODAY” - bingo.

I asked for, and got:
The £500 VW PCP Deposit contribution.
£800 off, (split between discount on the Taigo, and an increase on my trade in).
Agreement to delete the spacesaver spare wheel (£95) from the order, and on collection/exchange day put my existing unused spare into the Taigo, and they retain the puncture repair kit. (Subject to compatibility - they will both be on 18” wheels).
A full tank of Fuel. They added £50 to my invoice, then added a FURTHER £50 discount to the Taigo to wipe it out.

Lead times showing on Carwow showed 5 months, and I was told 20 weeks by the dealer, but I am not holding my breath. Not a problem if longer as the trade in is set in stone, and my trade in is still under warranty .
So, I’m very happy with that, and at the risk of showing off hopefully I should end up with a :-
VW Taigo R Line 1.5 DSG in Kings Red, with 18” Misano wheels, and a reversing camera

Reactions: Housty

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should explain that the £50 was listed on the invoice as a charge for the full tank of fuel, so it won’t be overlooked on handover.
It was credited off by way of a further increased discount on the Tiago.

Reactions: Housty

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Mmmm..so you worry about the 1.5 engine and then buy a new model unseen and untested....!...you are braver than me....hope it works out for you.
Your right, it was a difficult call. I was worried, but not so much now.
My dilemma was that I may later regret not going for it, and yes it is a gamble.
It was predominantly a problem with the manual version, although some automatics also experienced it to a lesser degree.
I have been following the kangerooing saga on all the VW forums as the 1.5 engine is used across all the VW makes.
Apart from a reported issue with an April 21 Q2 its not being mentioned now, I got favourable feedback on the Q2 forum. Upset people are usually quick to respond, and no one has.
I forewarned my dealer that I would reject the car if is not as smooth as promised.
Time will tell….

Reactions: Halin9

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
="Daytel, post: 6096, member: 92"]
Your right, it was a difficult call. I was worried, but not so much now.
My dilemma was that I may later regret not going for it, and yes it is a gamble.
It was predominantly a problem with the manual version, although some automatics also experienced it to a lesser degree.
I have been following the kangerooing saga on all the VW forums as the 1.5 engine is used across all the VW makes.
Apart from a reported issue with an April 21 Q2 its not being mentioned now, I got favourable feedback on the Q2 forum. Upset people are usually quick to respond, and no one has.
I forewarned my dealer that I would reject the car if is not as smooth as promised.
Time will tell….
Well I took a chance on the 1.5, and am glad that I did. It is as smooth and punchy as I had hoped.
The 1.0L engine was fantastic, and probably just as good as the 1.5 around town, but I like the extra power when overtaking.
that’s it,
Bye bye[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Digitalracer

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Your response will show up as a proper response not just a quote, if you put the ] back at the end of [/QUOTE You can do it now, click on the three dots top right of your post and select Edit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your response will show up as a proper response not just a quote, if you put the ] back at the end of [/QUOTE You can do it now, click on the three dots top right of your post and select Edit.
Many thanks Tricky2,
I’m off now, and have joined 5he Taigo Forum, our next AGM may be in a phone box.
I will check back here every now and again becaues of the similarity between the two vehicles.
Thanks again for all the sensible advice you have been posting, keep up the good work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts