Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected my beautiful car tonight. Only had time for a quick spin but can't wait to get out again tomorrow.

Following the test drive I was worried about the lack of power/bhp/torque but I put it through its paces on the way home and it's nippy enough for me.

The active info display is sweet. Next call is a ceramic coating from local car detailer.

[/url]

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow, love the look of this car and white is a great colour, glad it all worked out well for you after a few stressful days. You seemed to have a great local dealer, could you name them.

Would also be interested on the ride quality on the 18" rims.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I note you have the beats pack, an option I'm considering, what's it sound like and also do you get a spare wheel with this option as the description in the sales brochure is a bit confusing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
katydaly said:
Next call is a ceramic coating from local car detailer.

[/url]
Always stick with Auto Glym products for my cars, apply hard wax then polish at new, reapply each year and use Aqua wax when washing, keeps the car sparkling, white is a lovely colour when clean and does not show the dirt as much as you think it would.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thats looking superb in white, good choice &#x1f44d-1f3fc;

·
Registered
156 Posts
katydaly said:
Following the test drive I was worried about the lack of power/bhp/torque but I put it through its paces on the way home and it's nippy enough for me.
Like you Katy, I am also worried about lack of power, especially after my current 2.0L TDI..

I know I have had a test drive before placing order, but 15 mins round the block is not like living with one for a while !!

I appreciate it is going to be totally different from my current TDI, but my usage has changed from 100 miles a day to only 15 and the old TDI really needs replacing.

So, have you got any more to add after driving it around today, does only 115 BHP feel OK for the size of the car ?

Any comments really appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ride quality on the 18s feels firm but smooth, I need to check tyre pressure as suggested by someone on here. However I saw another tcross when I was collecting my car and i was very glad I have the 18s, they look waaay better to me.

I compared the sound systems prior to ordering and I likedthe beats. I mean it's not a world class sound system but it's a definite upgrade for sure. Might not be needed if you're not into music. I listen to bass heavy music so it's important to me.

There is no spare wheel unless you order it, there is a repair kit type thing. You probably know but you can't drop the boot to the lowest position with beats because of the positioning of the subwoofer. I have filled the hole for the tyre with deicer etc.

Greycross, I was so worried about this issue having driven turbo diesels for years. I loved driving the Tcross today. Incidentally I used to cover 100odd motorway miles per day, I now have a short commute and the Tcross is perfectly up to the job. I actually found it to be quite nippy. It pulls away quickly, obviously you need higher revs but I quickly got used to that.

It's not going to blow your socks off but it's fun, and perfectly adequate for the size and cost. I absolutely love it! Happy to answer any questions.

I plan to try it on the motorway tomorrow.i have a feeling this will be the more disappointing side but I'm rarely on the motorway these days!

·
Registered
156 Posts
katydaly said:
I plan to try it on the motorway tomorrow.i have a feeling this will be the more disappointing side but I'm rarely on the motorway these days!
So how was the motorway Katy, little engine cope ?

Did you notice the lane assist and try the adaptive cruise control ?

The closer I get to my delivery, the more anxious I am becomming about the little 3 cylinder 1.0L engine being upto the job.

Again, any comments really appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We were worried about this so told the dealer which test route we would use which included a long hill on the M40 as well as normal stuff on the M40 and M4. The T Cross managed it well and our current car is an Audi Q3 2.0 TSI. Looking forward to our T Cross in September.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
greycross said:
katydaly said:
So how was the motorway Katy, little engine cope ?

Did you notice the lane assist and try the adaptive cruise control ?

The closer I get to my delivery, the more anxious I am becomming about the little 3 cylinder 1.0L engine being upto the job.

Again, any comments really appreciated.
I did a dual carriageway instead and it was absolutely fine. It was happy at 90 as far as I could tell, and I had no music on. I would definitely go back for another test drive to put your mind at ease and do a motorway or dual carriageway. If you want a really fast car you wouldn't choose a TCross, but it's a lovely little thing in its own right. I floored it at traffic lights and roundabouts and was not left sitting.

I find it hard to get used to how quiet it is, and thought I'd stalled once but it was the start stop.

Lane assist is an odd thing, I need to read my manual and test it out bit more on it before commenting. Same for ACC.

Interestingly my insurance premiums fell because of the safety features.

·
Registered
63 Posts
katydaly said:
I find it hard to get used to how quiet it is, and thought I'd stalled once but it was the start stop.
About this, coming from a car without start-stop feature, the cool thing is that if you stall it but press the clutch back again, the engine is restarted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
marius07 said:
katydaly said:
About this, coming from a car without start-stop feature, the cool thing is that if you stall it but press the clutch back again, the engine is restarted.
I didn't know this either thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
katydaly said:
I collected my beautiful car tonight. Only had time for a quick spin but can't wait to get out again tomorrow.

The active info display is sweet. Next call is a ceramic coating from local car detailer.

[/url]
Love the colour katydaly. I had a T-Roc that colour and really loved it. The 1.0l VW is getting great reviews across the VW Group range for it's nippy performance so not surprised you like it.

Enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts