Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
We picked up our new T Cross SEL today. We were shown a demo of the car net app in the showroom, came home to set it up and discovered that we don't have the Safety & Security part of the app (where you can remotely lock the doors or flash the headlights etc)

The e-brochure looks like it should be included on the SEL model, but I can't find it!

Does anyone know if this is an extra we needed to order?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The SEL should have Car Net - I have a R-Line & when I collected there was no Data plug installed. I spoke with the dealer and they provided one. This also gives you the connect app. Which records details of vehicle, journeys etc.
The Data Plug is free with SEL and plugs in just under the steering wheel housing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Toby said:
The SEL should have Car Net - I have a R-Line & when I collected there was no Data plug installed. I spoke with the dealer and they provided one. This also gives you the connect app. Which records details of vehicle, journeys etc.
The Data Plug is free with SEL and plugs in just under the steering wheel housing.
Toby how is the wiper judder? Have you had any other teething problems?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wiper Judder not quite as bad - I can stop it for a while it by using the screenwash facility- looks as though that lubricates the screen. Hope the dry weather keeps up.
No other teething problems- I am really enjoying driving it. Pity the manual isn't here yet so I can look at everything that is available rather than pushing buttons and hoping. It's a lovely looking car in Pearl Black but takes some keeping clean - worth it though.
Hope you are enjoying yours and get your data plug sorted. Remember to make sure you are connected to it by bluetooth for it to work properly with the app.🙂🙂👍

·
Registered
66 Posts
Toby said:
Wiper Judder not quite as bad - I can stop it for a while it by using the screenwash facility- looks as though that lubricates the screen. Hope the dry weather keeps up.
No other teething problems- I am really enjoying driving it. Pity the manual isn't here yet so I can look at everything that is available rather than pushing buttons and hoping. It's a lovely looking car in Pearl Black but takes some keeping clean - worth it though.
Hope you are enjoying yours and get your data plug sorted. Remember to make sure you are connected to it by bluetooth for it to work properly with the app.🙂🙂👍
Fab, met too at this early stage.
Ah rubbish. Mine came with the manual so what's holding yours up now?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Toby said:
Hi
How is it possible that the data plug is missing when you have ordered the car with Car Net?
Is it something the seller adds after the car has arrived, or should it be installed there in factory?
Or are there persons stealing it?
I have ordered my car with Car Net so hopefully the damn stick is there...

-eelis-

·
Registered
156 Posts
Kjones said:
We picked up our new T Cross SEL today. We were shown a demo of the car net app in the showroom, came home to set it up and discovered that we don't have the Safety & Security part of the app (where you can remotely lock the doors or flash the headlights etc)

The e-brochure looks like it should be included on the SEL model, but I can't find it!
Same here...

I picked up my T-Cross a few days ago, and had a play with Car-Net today.
Like you say, the 'Safety & Security' part is missing, although the 'Guide and Inform' is present and working.

I called the Car-Net help desk and spoke to a guy in Athens Greece, and he seemed to suggest that the T-Cross only gets 'Guide and Inform' and not 'Safety & Security'..

Given that 'Guide and Inform' only does News, weather, traffic and allows uploads of POI's etc, the 'Safety and Security' is the more useful bit as that allows you to monitor your car remotely (location, locked state etc.).

It is clearly listed in the Brochure as that says the following:

1) Car-Net 'Guide and Inform' - 3-year subscription - Providing online access to a range of useful information such as traffic, fuel pricing, weather and news feeds.

2) Car-Net 'Security & Service' - Provides continuous interaction between the driver, vehicle and Volkswagen, via integrated SIM-card connectivity.
a) Driver and vehicle integration with Volkswagen call centre or server for:'eCall' - Emergency call service for SOS calls to emergency response incl. Automatic accident notification, Car breakdown, Vehicle health report and Service schedule - 10-year subscription
b) Driver and vehicle integration via Car- Net Portal or Car-Net app for: Driving data, Doors and lights, Area alert, Speed alert, Horn and hazard lights, Parking position and Online anti-theft alarm - 3-year subscription

So, where is it, have we been mislead by the brochure ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have various versions of the T-Cross brochure (pdf) dating back to when I ordered my vehicle - an SEL model. In the brochure dated 01/04/2019 the additional items for the SEL over the SE includes:

Car-Net 'Guide and Inform' 3 - 3-year subscription - Providing online access to a range of useful information such as traffic, fuel pricing, weather and news feeds

Car-Net 'Security & Service' 4 - Provides continuous interaction between the driver, vehicle and Volkswagen, via integrated SIM-card connectivity - Driver and vehicle integration with Volkswagen call centre or server for: 'eCall' - Emergency call service for SOS calls to emergency response incl. Automatic accident notification, Car breakdown, Vehicle health report and Service schedule - 10-year subscription - Driver and vehicle integration via CarNet Portal or Car-Net app for: Driving data, Doors and lights, Area alert, Speed alert, Horn and hazard lights, Parking position and Online anti-theft alarm - 3-year subscription

In the brochure dated 05/07/2019, the 2nd item (Security & Service) is no longer listed.

:x I am not happy about this.

I suspect that the small print allows Volkswagen to make such changes, but I am seriously considering cancelling my order. A big plus of the T-Cross over my other short-listed cars was its up to date security and driver assistance features and if some of these are missing, I feel cheated.

I will contact my dealer to try to get the facts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nugget said:
I have various versions of the T-Cross brochure (pdf) dating back to when I ordered my vehicle - an SEL model. In the brochure dated 01/04/2019 the additional items for the SEL over the SE includes:

Car-Net 'Guide and Inform' 3 - 3-year subscription - Providing online access to a range of useful information such as traffic, fuel pricing, weather and news feeds

Car-Net 'Security & Service' 4 - Provides continuous interaction between the driver, vehicle and Volkswagen, via integrated SIM-card connectivity - Driver and vehicle integration with Volkswagen call centre or server for: 'eCall' - Emergency call service for SOS calls to emergency response incl. Automatic accident notification, Car breakdown, Vehicle health report and Service schedule - 10-year subscription - Driver and vehicle integration via CarNet Portal or Car-Net app for: Driving data, Doors and lights, Area alert, Speed alert, Horn and hazard lights, Parking position and Online anti-theft alarm - 3-year subscription

In the brochure dated 05/07/2019, the 2nd item (Security & Service) is no longer listed.

:x I am not happy about this.

I suspect that the small print allows Volkswagen to make such changes, but I am seriously considering cancelling my order. A big plus of the T-Cross over my other short-listed cars was its up to date security and driver assistance features and if some of these are missing, I feel cheated.

I will contact my dealer to try to get the facts.
Did you get anywhere Nugget ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spoke to the dealer and they did not know anything about the removal of the Car-Net features. They asked VW for an explanation and by the time of the delivery, VW had not responded. In the survey VW asked me to fill after I had collected the car, I gave them a low mark and indicated I was not happy with the removal of these features. Unsurprisingly, I have heard nothing since.

The Car-Net app is now re-branded as We-Connect and the only thing I can do with it is send a destination to the vehicle and get access to my phones calendar. Both of which can be done using Android Auto. So for the T-Cross, We Connect is absolutely useless.

On a positive note, there is a lot to like about the car and I am certainly happy I chose it. My only wish is that I not have to manually turn off Lane Assist every time I start a journey.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nugget said:
The Car-Net app is now re-branded as We-Connect and the only thing I can do with it is send a destination to the vehicle and get access to my phones calendar. Both of which can be done using Android Auto. So for the T-Cross, We Connect is absolutely useless.
That is exactly what I think, what is the point without having the 'Security and Service' which should give useful information about the car such as locked state and location.. Useless without !!

Nugget said:
On a positive note, there is a lot to like about the car and I am certainly happy I chose it. My only wish is that I not have to manually turn off Lane Assist every time I start a journey.
I hate that too, like you I turn it off every time..
Lane Assist is horrible, hate it, feels like I have a flat tyre all the time !!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nugget and greycross, I agree with you that lane assist is a bit obtrusive. Have you tried it with just the 'vibration' switched off? (Vibration can be switched off permanently). I persevere with lane assist as it is meant to be a good safety feature but my wife has to have it switched off when driving. What really put her off was at one point she was driving the car as it was nearing some chevrons on the road and the steering seemed to go haywire and really scared her. I think that the way VW has implemented lane assist on the T-Cross is possibly a bit too aggressive and is a work in progress. I wonder if it may be improved by a future software update? Mind you it is our only negative with the car which is overall excellent.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I picked my SEL up on Thursday, my salesman said that Data Plugs are old hat now so I didn't get one.
Having real problems setting up Car Net though, seem to going around in circles!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.