Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to ask if anyone has managed to have the VW Car-Net system retrofitted to the T-Cross using the Composition Media system? Basially I would like that the App-Connect become a wireless connection rather than plugging in via the USB every time.

Is anyone familiar with making this happen, or if it is even possible without the Discover Media system installed?

Thanks and stay safe!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BarryMac said:
I missed out on the wireless carplay too as my T-Cross was in dealer stock and manufactured prior to the infotainment update, I just installed one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089W5Q6S1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wireless carplay works a treat.

B
Hi BarryMac,

Thanks for the response. I also see that the wireless carplay is included on the T-Roc models and was hoping this could be rectified with software or a VW wifi dongle or something. The systems look quite similiar.

On the product you mentioned, any idea if this will work with Android devices using Android Auto? Dont see any mention of it on the Amazon listing and seems to only be for Apple. Maybe you have a friend with an Android phone who could test it out?? Just dont want to fork out too much money for nothing. :)

Stay safe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
skywalker86 said:
Hi BarryMac,

Thanks for the response. I also see that the wireless carplay is included on the T-Roc models and was hoping this could be rectified with software or a VW wifi dongle or something. The systems look quite similiar.

On the product you mentioned, any idea if this will work with Android devices using Android Auto? Dont see any mention of it on the Amazon listing and seems to only be for Apple. Maybe you have a friend with an Android phone who could test it out?? Just dont want to fork out too much money for nothing. :)

Stay safe.
From what I understand, it's not for Android Auto - only CarPlay.

And this Youtube video confirms it:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BarryMac said:
Yeah the unit I got is for CarPlay only - I think there are similar available for android though.
Hi BarryMac,

Yeah I see that same company are working on an android version of this device, so only time will tell. Apparently being Android there are way more variables with android versions across devices etc, but wireless support has now been added to the latest android update. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.