Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their phone connecting for the App Connect. Most of the time I plug in my phone and it works perfectly, but sometimes it just doesn't recognise my phone & will say "starting App-Connect..." until the next journey. I've tried turning the infotainment screen off & on again, turning the car on & off, even getting out, locking it, getting back in & starting again, but nothing seems to sort it out until the next time I get in and then it's usually fine again. I've also tried turning my phone on & off to see if it's my phone, but definitely seems to be the car :cry:

Please let me know if you've had any similar issues & how you resolved it at all.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
The only two things ive found is ,,,,and for iphone i have to unlock the phone once it wont connect with just turning on. And the infotainment needs to be on before connecting the phone or it wont detect. thats all ive come across.

·
Registered
313 Posts
marius07 said:
There is an option in the iphone settings to use carplay while the phone is locked
Yes mine runs locked all the time. Its the initial turn on where the phone wont accept face id. You have to initially use security code to prove its your phone and use anything. Im wondering if the op has an iphone and not unlocked from fresh turn on ,,, depending on if they use security.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had this on my Note 10, the only way I can find to fix it is to turn the car off and open the door, is there a way to turn the radio off without doing this? It's only happened once so far - but it is annoying, as it won't connect my BT either

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spc369 said:
marius07 said:
There is an option in the iphone settings to use carplay while the phone is locked
Yes mine runs locked all the time. Its the initial turn on where the phone wont accept face id. You have to initially use security code to prove its your phone and use anything. Im wondering if the op has an iphone and not unlocked from fresh turn on ,,, depending on if they use security.
I have an iPhone. Always make sure the phone is unlocked when I plug in, and the infotainment is on too. Never do anything differently, just sometimes it's doesn't like it! It comes up saying "reading usb1/2" rather than the normal message of not being available in "Media" and that it's connecting to CarPlay.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the same problem..!....sometimes my iPhone connects perfectly and other times just won't connect..
Yes, if the phone is locked, it needs to be unlocked, but usually after unlocking it works fine, other times it doesn't work..! Haven't figured out a sequence yet.. ! I'm using a VW cable. Very frustrating..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm also having the same issue intermittently.

I haven't narrowed down exactly what's triggering it yet but the immediate 100% reliable fix for me has been to "soft reset" the infotainment system. The car engine can stay on (one time my wife did this while I was still driving!) and the iPhone stays connected by the VW USB cable. Perform the reset by holding down the left power button on the infotainment system until it turns off, keep it pressed down until the VW logo appears, showing that it has rebooted.

After that the CarPlay gets past the "starting AppConnect" stage and everything works well that journey (until the intermittent next time of course!)

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.