Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just bought a T Cross SE 1.0 115 and it doesnt have a CD player. Ive asked VW if i can have one fitted and the reply was "NO". It looked as if it was quite simple to do.... remove the blank plate in the glove box and plug and play. I take it that the correct wiring is not present on the SE models.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think the plate in the glove box (where the CD player used to go in older models) houses the electronics for the infotainment system so I wouldn't start unscrewing in there.

Can't you just rip the CDs onto soft media and play through the infotainment unit ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can't you just rip the CDs onto soft media and play through the infotainment unit ?
This.

I know it doesn't directly answer your question, although that was answered early, but ripping your CDs to mp3 (or flac if you are particular) and then sticking them on a SD card is the best solution here.

I have a 32Gb SD with all of my music on it, many, many CDs and its so easy to navigate the infotainment unit to play what I want, rather then having to push discs in and out in the glove box. For instance I have the complete Bruce Springsteen collection, rather then wondering what CD to put in I go to the BruceSpringsteen folder and press the Random Play button, that way I can listen to ALL the CDs rather then just one.

Yeah its a bit of a pain converting the first time, and I also understand that not everyone has a PC/laptop or a CD player nowadays (god I'm old), but if you can I would really recommend it.

For converting CDs to digital files I would recommend EAC (no one does it better).

If that isn't an option, you could just use the bluetooth via your mobile phone if you have spotify or some other music streaming app on your phone. Honestly I was surprised when I found out the TCross came with a CD player, I'm not suprised to hear that it has been removed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou for your replies and suggestions. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As far as I can see my T Cross R Line doesn't even have an SD slot as our Polo did. I copied the files to a USB C memory stick and all is well. Simple option or could plug phone into aux socket.

R Line 110 PS Limestone Grey, Folding Mirrors & Rear Camera

·
Registered
71 Posts
As far as I can see my T Cross R Line doesn't even have an SD slot
Ours in in the glovebox. There are two SD slots, one is used for the Maps, the other is empty and used for our music.

A quick look at the manual would answer it definitively for you (use the index at the back).

·
Registered
414 Posts
Glint... The new media player fitted from late 2020 has done away with both the CD and SD slots. It also switched from standard USB to USB C so the only option for media is now the USB C or from your phone wired or bluetooth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tricky2... I just looked. I knew the SD card slots were in the glove box, for some reason I never associated them as being part of the CD player... which of course they are.

Seems like a case of one step forward (removal of CD and addition of USB C, two steps maybe?) and one step back (no SD Slots).

The SD slots were a great addition, small, indestructible, abilitiy to have a huge music selection.... ah well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts