Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can confirm the city emergency braking system works! Wasn't in the city but trying to reverse out of my daughters drive in the countryside. High hedge one side, stone wall the other and a curved drive at night. Reversing camera working well and getting warning beeps all the way. Still getting used to the setup so was trying to sort out were I was going wrong whilst slowly drifting back, beeps went continuous and then brakes slammed on by car, scratches and dents avoided! Well impressed! Would have been too frightened to have tested the system but now unintentionally I have!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Good to know it works :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Today was the second day I experienced City emergency braking assist.
I wasn't rear ended from the car behind due to other car driver ability to change lane while hard braking. He was shocked (me too) "what the hell are you stopping like this he was :twisted: ?"
It's the second time that occurs the same incident.
In a two lane road for each direction and 1m pavement in the middle, the idiot pedestrian, runs to cross 2 lanes and suddenly stops on the pavement to just let my car pass. At that time t cross applies full brakes from 50km/hr. Scared to death for car behind. I couldn't do anything.
After 1st incident I reduced sensitivity to medium. Now I am thinking of reducing to low....
Any chance to have only sound attention without braking?
I don't want to deactivate it at all because I see the purpose of having it active

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.