Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noted the clock did not go back on the display at the weekend!
The settings are for time by GPS with DST ticked !
Had to switch to manual time.
Seems a bit pointless having a DST option box.
OR have I missed something.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think you have to switch off DST.....summer time...then it is ok.. When clocks go forward, switch it back on..!.. As you say, would have expected it to change automatically via GPS., but it doesn't.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
GPS transmissions are on UTC, there's no summer wintertime in space, and different countries switch at different times. So GPS will keep your clock accurate, but you have to define summer winter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
it's classic VW infotainment. GPS only syncs your minutes but you have to tick/untick the DST option whenever clocks change. On my old MK7 GTI I had to code via VCDS so that the clock was changing automatically based on date, not sure why they don't leave this enabled from factory.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've never understood why all manufacturers don't just take the time from the radio RDS signal. My previous Corsa and Fiat 500 kept the clock in sync yet my Mum's Fiesta doesn't - and it looks like the T-Cross is the same

It's like automatically switching off external lights when the ignition is turned off - such a simple thing for manufacturers to do and not all so

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Cautionary tale on using RDS, last year i found when i switched any of my RDS radios in the house to a specific channel (i think nation radio?) they lost an hour. I sent them an email and actually got a reply, turns out RDS time relies on the engineer setting it in the transmitter! And yes after my email it was fixed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
VW cant make this work on a £50K Touareg or a £25k T-cross.

Its been like this for years......stupid really when my £100 G Shock work watch sorts itself every single day without needing to touch a thing even DST is changed without input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.