Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have finally found a Spacesaver tyre for my T Cross R Line with 18inch wheels. However, the size listed is 125/70 R18. I get confused by all the differing tyre specs.so can anyone confirm this measurement will fit? Thanks

R line DSG 115 in Makena Turquoise
Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've just bought a 16" wheel with a 205/55/16 tyre as recommended on here. More grip than a skinny and almost the same rolling radius

·
Registered
394 Posts
Lots of information on here re "space saver" spare wheel....just search for other posts.
I'm not sure that the 18 inch tyre is the way to go..VW supply a 16 inch..

·
Registered
33 Posts
205.55.16 is the correct size - see the other post on this it's what I have in my R-Line.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BarryMac -- the spec of that tyre gave a 63 cms height of wheel/tyre which matches my R Line wheels. Have you got a link to where you got your R LINE spacesaver as I cannot find it listed. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took the part numbers from a t-cross in a dealers showroom that had the factory spare wheel option and ended up sourcing them from a seat dealer as they were considerably cheaper than VW for the same part numbers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is the official spare supplied to me by VW for my T Cross R line with 18" wheels in 2019. 205/60 R16. Don't know if that helps the discussion!

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the skinny 18" space saver wheel and can confirm that it fits on the Cross. 125/70R18 is the standard space saver size which comes on most VW cars. The dealer supplied space saver for Cross is 205/55R16 but that is a full size wheel although is marketed as space saver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone confirm the p c d of the 5 holes for the wheel bolts on the r_ line running standard nevada alloy wheels 215/45/18 , I am trying to source a spare wheel space saver or full size with the foam insert and jack,but the local vw parts department don't seem to know what the correct pcd is 100mm or 112mm and they also say the 205/55/16 wheel with tyre will not fit the wheel well can anyone help please

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you are still looking I am selling the whole genuine VW kit from my T-Cross £130. Bargain :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I'm a newbie here having just bought a T-Cross this week. Hi everyone.
My 18" steel Spacesaver wheel arrived today but does anyone happen to know whether shorter wheel studs are required for a steel rim as opposed to an alloy!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I doubt it...it wouldn't be much use as a spare if you had to replace the wheel studs before it would fit..!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 205/60/16 is closer to the overall dia of the 215/45/18 but most posts suggest 205/55/16.
Is this because the slightly larger dia tyre does not fit the spare wheel well ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
@a14uty the standard alloy studs will work on the 18" steel spacesaver. I had one of those on my T-Cross and no issues in over 50 miles of driving with spare on the car. You just have to torque them correctly so they are not loose.

@gtibob You can fit max a full size 17" wheel with 205/55 R17 in the boot well so the 16" version should fit just perfect. In fact that is the factory spare wheel VW offer for the T-Cross. There are a lot of guys on here who had this provided by VW without problems. You can also fit an 18" space saver with skinny tyre but a full size 18" will not fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts