Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I went out for some shopping. After the first stop when I opened the boot I noticed the following crack on the paint, it looks like the boot door damaged it somehow. I never close the boot with force neither overloaded the car to push the boot door. Anyone knows what is under that "worm" thing where the crack happened? I will drive to Greece at the end of this week and I am worried a bit about rain or water that may go in there. If you also know how to have a quick fix, you are more than welcome.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
Joined
·
360 Posts
Just been out and looked at mine. I think it's either a line of sealant or running weld seam that covers the join of panel sections. If you look up at the inside of the tailgate there is similar there covering the join of the inner and outer panels of the tailgate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Digitalracer said:
Just been out and looked at mine. I think it's either a line of sealant or running weld seam that covers the join of panel sections. If you look up at the inside of the tailgate there is similar there covering the join of the inner and outer panels of the tailgate.
Thanks!
Do you think it would be worth to visit the workshop tomorrow or wait after i am back from vacation? My only concern is what happens if water goes there.

EDIT: I tried to push with my finger on the crack and it feels soft underneath.
 

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
Joined
·
360 Posts
I would wait till your return. I think at that angle any water would run past it. Even cover it with insulation tape or similar until inspected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Digitalracer said:
I would wait till your return. I think at that angle any water would run past it. Even cover it with insulation tape or similar until inspected.
The thing is that it's visible even when the boot is closed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
I would no be too worried (even if it was in my car) about, it's sealant covered in paint.

-eelis-
 

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
Joined
·
360 Posts
I am more concerned about the doors filling up with water and not draining until they are opened. (as mentioned in other topic). Has anyone pointed this out to their dealer? Mine is 30 miles away, so will mention come service visit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did notice that as well. I am planning to discuss this when I am back from vacation.

Also, do you have rust on your door's hatch? Both front doors have started having rust on the hatch (You know the hatch that holds the door with the frame).

6 months old and it has more issues than my Toyota Corolla 96 :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eelis said:
I would no be too worried (even if it was in my car) about, it's sealant covered in paint.

-eelis-
Kiitos :) I checked both sides today and it must be sealant as you say.
 

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
Joined
·
360 Posts
DrSaG said:
I did notice that as well. I am planning to discuss this when I am back from vacation.

Also, do you have rust on your door's hatch? Both front doors have started having rust on the hatch (You know the hatch that holds the door with the frame).

6 months old and it has more issues than my Toyota Corolla 96 :D
Just went and had another good look. No sign of any issues on mine. Build quality looks good all round. Will be interesting to hear your dealer response to your issues. Have a safe journey and enjoy your travels.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top