Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a problem with noisy/creaking/ cracking sounding door seals? Mine are particularly worse on bumpy roads and when moving up/down an incline. The dealer tried to fix it with clean water in case the fault was caused by residue... I was also given strict instructions not to use lubricant on this seals. This doesn't help. However, after being washed at the carwash, the noise disappears for a day or two then returns. Warm weather also seems to dampen the noise. I've checked all seals and there are no cracks or abrasions. Is there anyone who perhaps experiencing something similar and has a solution to it? Will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you certain it eminates from the door seals? Lots of owners on here have suffered with cracking/creaking noises which are caused by the trim at the passenger side A pillar rubbing against the hard plastic of the dashboard. It is resolved by pushing some foam or material into the joint. The noise is worse when it is cold and gradually goes as the car warms up. It is worse on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nigel. Yes, I did have the cracking sound from the A-pillar which by a miracle after just over a year of ownership disappeared on its own without any manual interference to the plastic. It was also driving me insane! Surprisingly, mine disappeared after my car was parked in the hot sun outside a shopping mall on an afternoon. Never heard it again after that. I won't suggest anyone try that out but it seemed to have resolved the problem quicker than the dealer... Now it's just the nagging door seal noises that need a solution asap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I accept what your dealer says about lubricant but applying a rubber/vinyl protectant like Armor All or similar won't hurt the seals as that's what it's designed for. You can purchase it in a wipe form and that would be the easier way to apply it. Cheers-John

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's the flocked or felted finish on the doors that causes the creaking. Silicon spray help for a while . A longer term solution is to purchase 3M ANTI SQUEAK TAPE and apply it around the door openings where the felt make contact with the body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The noise is from the flocking or felted strip on the door. Silicon spray will work but doesn't last long. A product called 3m anti squeak tape is a longer term solution. Apply around the door opening where the flocking makes contact with the body.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Use Gummi Pfledge on your seals after washing the car. You apply it just like shoe shine, it has a built in sponge tip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.