Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My software version is 0270 and nav database is 19.11.

Does anyone know if these are the current versions or have they been updated?

I have the MIB3 head unit so updates are supposed to come over the air automatically.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tricky2 said:
Over the air updates do not currently work. There have been new maps just released for all VW's. Go to the map centre, select the model, for MIB3 select 2020 year. https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/#/?car=3ab90372-dc5c-4b9b-85d1-f86f18e53e2f&navi=87eac55c-e007-4fdb-9a4c-1fa5dfc5ce8d

Expand it to a USB insert into the unit and it should detect and install the updated maps.

Head unit software would only be updated by the garage during a service.
Over the air updates for the software for the MIB3 head unit DO work - mine has updated twice since I purchased the car in December. AFAIK over the air does not work for satnav and you have to faff around with a USB stick, but I don't have the VW satnav so can't confirm for the MIB3

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Tricky.
I will download the update although I read on a Skoda forum that people were not able to update via the USB-c socket but we'll see.
Some people also said they were getting over the air updates but it all seems a bit patchy particularly if you are only doing short journeys.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
413 Posts
neilmanc said:
Tricky2 said:
Over the air updates do not currently work. There have been new maps just released for all VW's. Go to the map centre, select the model, for MIB3 select 2020 year. https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/#/?car=3ab90372-dc5c-4b9b-85d1-f86f18e53e2f&navi=87eac55c-e007-4fdb-9a4c-1fa5dfc5ce8d

Expand it to a USB insert into the unit and it should detect and install the updated maps.

Head unit software would only be updated by the garage during a service.
Over the air updates for the software for the MIB3 head unit DO work - mine has updated twice since I purchased the car in December. AFAIK over the air does not work for satnav and you have to faff around with a USB stick, but I don't have the VW satnav so can't confirm for the MIB3
Clearly I've been confused by the messages on the various forums. So over the air system software works, but over the air map updates don't?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Over the air update of the Sat Nav has worked over the weekend.

My Nav Database has gone from 19.11 to 21.5.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That's good to know for many members on here!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Geebee said:
Hi

Over the air update of the Sat Nav has worked over the weekend.

My Nav Database has gone from 19.11 to 21.5.

Thanks for the replies.
When the sat nav updated, did the software version change or is it still on 0270 ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Neil

The software version is still 0270.

Don't know if that is the current version or not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's a good web site I was able to download the maps upgrade unto the computer then unzip them before downloading them unto a SD card. I then put the SD card in to SD-slot 2 in the car the car sat Nav could see them when asked to upgrade but would not open and transfer them. After making a copy of the maps on the VW -SD card, I had to format the VW SD card and load the new map up dates unto it. This works very well when I put it back in the car I could see all the new roads around my house. The VW license remains on the SD card the format only deleting the maps.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Housty said:
That's a good web site I was able to download the maps upgrade unto the computer then unzip them before downloading them unto a SD card. I then put the SD card in to SD-slot 2 in the car the car sat Nav could see them when asked to upgrade but would not open and transfer them. After making a copy of the maps on the VW -SD card, I had to format the VW SD card and load the new map up dates unto it. This works very well when I put it back in the car I could see all the new roads around my house. The VW license remains on the SD card the format only deleting the maps.
Although that process doesn't work for the 2021 model year T-Cross which don't have SD card readers, hence why OTA downloads for the software and satnav are the best way forward

·
Registered
40 Posts
I sometimes use the car phone app and connect to my I-phone using the USB connection and use the free Waze Navigation software app which is very good it shows you the road speed limit and your speed giving an alarm if your go over

·
Registered
127 Posts
Housty said:
I sometimes use the car phone app and connect to my I-phone using the USB connection and use the free Waze Navigation software app which is very good it shows you the road speed limit and your speed giving an alarm if your go over
You can set Waze to use CarPlay so the icon appears in the APPS menu in the head unit - and iPhones connect to the head unit wirelessly - you don't need to use a USB cable unless you need to charge the phone at the same time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts