Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New buyer be aware!
T Cross Dark Petrol Blue colour is NOT METALLIC.
I got my car on 21st late afternoon and did not have much chance to inspect car toughly but next day I have good look and to my surprised colour is solid
Straight away I have touch with my dealer and they have look car and don't have clue how colour should look ( as they saying this colour is new to them )
I get in touch with VW customer service and after few day they rectified problem and admitted is solid colour.
Now I waiting for resolving issue.
This colour code is 5M5M and shoving across Europe on each VW configurator as Solid Premium Colour.
Any one having same issue? :oops:

·
Registered
206 Posts
It is stated in the UK catalogue as metallic.

Having previously had a number of cars with metallic paint I have found it impossible to successfully touch up even the smallest of scratches I decided to go for a solid colour this time. I'm glad I did as within a month someone damaged the front of the car exposing the black plastic under the paint. I bought white spray paint and clear laquer on eBay and very successfully covered up the damage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IWRA said:
It is stated in the UK catalogue as metallic.

Having previously had a number of cars with metallic paint I have found it impossible to successfully touch up even the smallest of scratches I decided to go for a solid colour this time. I'm glad I did as within a month someone damaged the front of the car exposing the black plastic under the paint. I bought white spray paint and clear varnish on eBay and very successfully covered up the damage.
Fair comment but problem is not paint it self.
Problem is VW selling this colour to customers as Metallic and charging £575 for it which is wrong advertising.
Many people will choose this colour as metallic and will receive not knowing isolid paint and be left £575 out of pocket.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I considered Petrol Blue on a ŠKODA a few years back, definitely was a metallic, perhaps the wrong paint has been applied in the factory. Clearly states metallic in the sales brochure so good grounds for miss selling.

Whilst I tend to buy metallic paint cars I always thing you are being overcharged for this upgrade, over £500 for a tin of paint!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Strange, in Finnish configurator it's not listed as metallic paint, thus NO extra cost.

-eelis-

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's showing as solid on the UK configuration now. £275. I shall be getting a reduction on my figure then I hope!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think if you read the brochure in detail theres at least 3 things that could be explained better. They have definately made some mistakes / poor details.

Imo the dark petrol is still a great colour though... &#x1f44d-1f3fc;

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I think I'll stick with it. Only other colour I might fancy is reef blue (I have a fetish for blue cars!) but I preferred the dark petrol. Never not had a metallic car though...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have received an e mail yesterday from VW costumer service which said: "We can confirm that the dark petrol blue paint on T-Cross is incorrectly stated as metallic on the price list, car configuration and sales systems, when it is a solid paint.
Therefore, the correct price for this paint is 275.00 GBP and not 575.00 GBP - the price list and website will be updated as soon as possible"

And they updated configurator to solid paint.
I have started this topic to highlight that colour option for T-cross in 'dark petrol blue'- metallic was misleading and incorrect.
My purchase would have been different because I wanted metallic paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking to order Dark Petrol Blue thinking it was metallic and when I checked the VW website before I went to the showroom I found it had moved to the solid colour selection. I think they made the change that week as I was regularly visiting it to use the configuration tool. This was confirmed by the salesman and I changed my colour option to Reef Blue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Zoranuk said:
New buyer be aware!
T Cross Dark Petrol Blue colour is NOT METALLIC.
I got my car on 21st late afternoon and did not have much chance to inspect car toughly but next day I have good look and to my surprised colour is solid
Straight away I have touch with my dealer and they have look car and don't have clue how colour should look ( as they saying this colour is new to them )
I get in touch with VW customer service and after few day they rectified problem and admitted is solid colour.
Now I waiting for resolving issue.
This colour code is 5M5M and shoving across Europe on each VW configurator as Solid Premium Colour.
Any one having same issue? :oops:
Hey, have you had a resolution to this? What are your thoughts on the Dark petrol colour? Appreciate you wanted metallic paint though :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, Zoranuk. I ordered a Dark Petrol, assuming it was metallic, back in June this year and was charged £575. I am due to pick it up this week (after nearly 20 weeks) so I will ask the dealer about the £300 VW now owe me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.