Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm toying with having a dashcam fitted in my T-Cross and wanted to pick the brains of anyone who has one in place (I've never had one before so it is all new to me)

I seem to remember reading that the T-Cross has a sensor facing forward behind where the rear view mirror is, so I'm assuming a dashcam would need to be installed off-centre to be clear of this (presumably to the passenger side) ?

I'm assuming all the wiring etc will be straightforward for somewhere like Halfords but are there any "gotchas" or idiosyncrasies in the T-Cross I need to be aware of in terms of installation ? I guess the wires just get hidden under the headlining and down to wherever the fuse box is inside the car.

Don't do a huge number of miles but it feels like a wise precaution to have one fitted, but I'm only looking at spending £50-£80 on one so if anyone has any recommendations that would be appreciated (Nextbase seem to get good reviews)

Ta

Neil

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

I think Nextbase seems to be the one to go for but I bought a cheaper no make on Amazon that works fine and been using it for a few years. Its important to have a

good quality SD card as my first one wasn't reliable but a 32GB Sandisk works fine.

I had mine in a Skoda and was able to fit it next to the rear view mirror and hide the wire across the top of the screen under the headlining and then down the

side of the windscreen behind the trim.

In the TCross it is possible to hide the wire at the top of the windscreen but the trim down the side of the windscreen fits very tightly so I wasn't able to hide it so

I've put mine in the bottom corner of the screen and then was able to put the wire down the side of the dash and under the glove box to the 12v socket.

Beats me why they don't have a socket near the rear view mirror then it would be an easy fitment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got a Thinkware F770 dual camera on mine (front and rear cameras) and I can confirm it will need to be installed on the passenger side windscreen due to the light/rain sensors box being in the middle. Also be aware that the T-Cross fusebox is on the driver side so you will need to feed the cables somehow from the passenger side above the headliner through the light sensor box into the driver side headliner then drop them down through the A pillar into the fusebox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts