Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here we are day 1 - picked our new T Cross up about 90" ago of which 70" have been spent waiting for VW Assist to arrive. Not even 20 miles on the clock and a red low oil pressure warning light illuminated on the dash! Been given a recovery time of 2 hours!!! My wife is sat next to me with a banging migraine, I asked the dealership to send somebody out to at least take her home. They did but he headed off in totally the wrong direction, an hour later we're still waiting.

What a complete and utter joke. This may be VWs shortest ever relationship with a new customer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wow! Certainly feel your pain.
Thats very unusual. Initial thoughts would be has the pdi be done correctly. Correct oil level etc.

The dealership will have to investigate quiclky. Not sure about the conditions but there is a period where you can refuse if not fit for purpose

My biggest concerns would be 1, whats happened,,,, 2, is there a chance of any internal damage to the engine.

Not sure about the t cross but some manufacturers use transport mode which restricts some features ( revs etc ) i wonder if the pdi was rushed and the car is not set for normal driving.

This is obviously totally unacceptable, i hope your dealer bends over backwards to put things right.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Crikey...hopefully it's just a faulty light or circuit..... I would have expected quicker call out than 2 hours on a brand new car....that's really poor service.. Don't be put off the car, it's , normally, excellent......but you are having the worst possible introduction..
Please let us know how you get on, what the problem is etc...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Whats the latest ?

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
384 Posts
Yes,be good for us all to know. Any news much appreciated.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
384 Posts
Possibly sworn to secrecy?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, all fixed thankfully.

After a 2 hour roadside wait I don't think the dealer could believe his eyes when the car returned within 3 hours of leaving on the back of an AA truck. Apparently the first time this had ever happened at this dealership.

Diagnostics immediately identified there had been a fault - needless to say when the engine was restarted the oil light didn't come on - but they acknowledged there had been a fault

Anyway we were immediately offered an equivalent demo car for as long as needed.

Deliberations the next day revealed.......wait for it, drum roll and all that.....a defective oil filter. So the engine oil was drained, a new filter fitted and then a lengthy road test before the car was returned to us the next afternoon. I suspect that when I "put my foot down" so to speak the filter couldn't cope with the oil throughput, must have been a blockage somewhere. Thankfully nothing more serious and given that as soon as the light came on we eased off the accelerator until we could get to a safe place I don't think there should be any lasting damage.

The dealer has made a decent compensatory offer which we've accepted. So, on we go

It can only get better from here, can't it?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ah great news, thats a result.... these things do happen.... glad its all sorted. Now time to enjoy :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.