Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I was hoping someone could probably provide an idiots guide to updating the discover media nav .
I've downloaded discover care version 1.03, I open it and it asked to update the app and when you click on the link it takes you to map updates .
So I download the nav Europe file.,about 26 Gb on a tar file
.ive unpacked it tried to copy it to sd card says file too big

Go back into discover care keeps saying update the app ?
Takes you back to map page
How do I update the maps ? Have I got the right version of discover care
Can anyone help?
Many thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
looks like ive answered my own question .according to the dealer you cant update your sat nav on the sd card supplied by vw as its not big enough. Apparently the files on that are compressed differently to get the existing data on .
what i have to do is get a 32 or 64gb sd card download update and transfer it to this card
the one supplied with the new car is a back up ....
if i of course want to buy one from the dealer all super dooper and up to date it will cost 80 quid
go figure......

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also noticed my gps has dropped out .am going to see if this update fixes it or it is going in to dealership

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dealers sending you on a bum steer. The VW satnav SD card has a VW specific hidden coding. Any bog standard SD card the head unit will reject.

There are other threads on here covering this same topic, but basically ignore discover care, download the map update, unpack it, take your SD card from the car and copy the whole thing to a backup folder (just in case), delete everything off the card (you won't/can't overwrite the VW specific hidden key), now copy everything you unpacked from the zip onto the SD, it should now fit. Put SD back in the car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spot on tricky dealer told me that id have to put it on a new sd card which i have and the unit has rejected it
trouble is when ive tried to overwrite the current vw sd card it says not enough space .
the card is 16 gb yet the file unpacked is 25gb ,even if i delete all the sat nav information on the vw disc and replace it
it will not fit on
my dealer says when i questioned why the sd card is so small she said thats because the files are compressed tighter at the factory
i smell b/s here from the dealer
are you 100% sure i can fit the
25 gb file on a 16gb sd card?
if so ill give it a go

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update
have contacted vw customer services ,firstly discovercare program is now defunct so no point in downloading it
secondly guy i was talking too once again had trouble with this and is going to investigate why my sd card has only a 16gb capacity with only( 7gb currently used for the europe map version 11) and the update unpacked is 26 gb? like me he does not understand how i can fit a 26bg file on a 16gb sd card.. :shock: :shock: He will be calling me back in a couple of days...
previously my dealer has told me i cant overwrite new nav maps on my existing vw sd card i have to buy a new larger sd card
which i did and downloaded it and yes you guessed it .the infotainment system did not recognise it and it dont work. :( :( :( :(

do they know what theyre doing or am i seriously missing something ?
will update when vw cust services call back

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had difficulty with the Discover care thing.. now I know why..!..
It seems to me that VW are constantly changing software stuff and not always for the better.!
Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ok, took a look at my card. Yes VW card and only 16 gb. Files on it though only 14.4 gb.

Latest map i downloaded was Discovermedia2_EU-AS_1520_V13.7s this is 14.6 gb There are smaller files available, such as EU1, at 6.4 gb. These are available from here...

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/?car=3ab90372-dc5c-4b9b-85d1-f86f18e53e2f&navi=87eac55c-e007-4fdb-9a4c-1fa5dfc5ce8d

select the car, and 2019, (selecting 2020 i think gives the updates for the mib3 which has the maps installed onto the head unit)

View attachment 560

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have solved this problem to a degree.
when you go to download maps it asks you year of t cross (mine is 2020).when you click on that year .those maps are larger and wont fit on a 16gb sd card
customer services said my car is 2019 even though i got it in 2020? anyway ref tricky2 above .those are the maps that came up( and tricky you were spot on you click on 2019) vw dont make that clear very well on the download site .....

i downloaded europe 1 .took back up of vw sd card on pc formatted card then put data on ..did not work...grrr
so i cleared it off and put the back up data back on it now works with the old data
phoned local dealer they say oh we dont do updates youll either have to do it yourself or pay 100 quid for an updated card......grrr

they suggested i go back to the dealer where i bought the car from (listers nuneaton)so i called them .
they said no problem sir send the card in well update it for you and return it foc !
why cant all vw dealers be more customer friendly?
anyway thats where its going .im 67 not massively computer literate so ive prob done something wrong on the download but ill get it sorted now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello to all,

I have a display problem on my Discover Media regarding the GPS start page.

The symbols and function buttons for navigation are no longer displayed on the screen.
I am having a problem with my Discover Media displaying the navigation symbols and function buttons on the screen.

Does anyone have a solution for activating the proximity sensor?

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tempest, rather than putting an unrelated problem in this discussion can I suggest you create a new discussion on your problem. Some more details would also help as I don't understand the sentence about the proximity sensor.

·
Registered
127 Posts
tempest said:
Hello to all,

I have a display problem on my Discover Media regarding the GPS start page.

The symbols and function buttons for navigation are no longer displayed on the screen.
I am having a problem with my Discover Media displaying the navigation symbols and function buttons on the screen.

Does anyone have a solution for activating the proximity sensor?

Thank you in advance for your help.
There is a setting within one of the menus for switching the hand gestures/proximity sensor on the head unit. Can't remember off the top of my head where it is but likely in the main Settings menu

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi neilmanc,

Thank you for this clarification.
I will try to find this function and if I still can't, I will come back to you.

Thank you again for your answer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tricky2 said:
Tempest, rather than putting an unrelated problem in this discussion can I suggest you create a new discussion on your problem. Some more details would also help as I don't understand the sentence about the proximity sensor.
Hello,
I'm sorry! I will try to find out how to proceed.
Best regards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Please anyone know what is the latest update for a 2019 t Cross Sat Nav ?.
Thought I did up date it, but still doesn't pick up all the 20 limits in my area, that have been in place for a year.
If someone has the latest version number it would be great.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi

The current map updates are available to download from - https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/#/?car=3ab90372-dc5c-4b9b-85d1-f86f18e53e2f&navi=87eac55c-e007-4fdb-9a4c-1fa5dfc5ce8d

It lets you select the car model (for the T-Cross there are 2 options - 1 for vehicles made from 2019 (MIB2 head unit) and another for vehicles made from 2020 (MIB3 head unit)) then it lets you select the head unit (Discover Media or Discover Pro) - for both head units for the 2019 MY the most recent ZIP file is dated 23/11/2020

·
Registered
412 Posts
Exeforde said:
Please anyone know what is the latest update for a 2019 t Cross Sat Nav ?.
Thought I did up date it, but still doesn't pick up all the 20 limits in my area, that have been in place for a year.
If someone has the latest version number it would be great.
It's quite possible these changes haven't yet been implemented, the update was released 23 nov 20, and actual changes may have had a much earlier cutoff date due to coding and testing timescales. This version is DiscoverMedia2_EU1_1520_V13 shows on screen as 1520

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to say that the dealer I bought the car from has updated the sat nav for me foc . My dealer nearby said they don't do that and would only sell me a card for £100 even though Vw do free updates !
Pity they aren't all the same as the dealer I bought the car from as try as I might I'm not that computer savvy and couldn't update it myself 😳🙄

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
Bought a T cross United 2 weeks ago new, but cannot get any sat nav on screen, am I right in thinking that it should have built in sat nav.Any help appreciated not very teccy if Im honest.Downloaded we connect and is on the screen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts