Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A common problem with the VW1.0 litre engine is that it cuts out at slow speeds in second gear, this applies to SEAT and other cars in the
VW group. Do VW pick up on these forum complaints or do we have to bring it up with VW. They must know about this problem as all the VW group forums have brought this up.
I could not recommend this car as my wife nearly had a car from behind hitting her.
I am considering writing to what car and the other review magazines regarding this

·
Registered
208 Posts
D J DAVE said:
A common problem with the VW1.0 litre engine is that it cuts out at slow speeds in second gear, this applies to SEAT and other cars in the
VW group. Do VW pick up on these forum complaints or do we have to bring it up with VW. They must know about this problem as all the VW group forums have brought this up.
I could not recommend this car as my wife nearly had a car from behind hitting her.
I am considering writing to what car and the other review magazines regarding this
Judging by the responses from dealers I don't think they do nor do dealers. If they do they do a very good job of pretending the problems don't exist. I've posted a complaint about this problem on the German T-Cross forum where others have done the same. Honest John is good site to post owner reviews and complaints.

My last car was Mazda CX3 and Mazda and the dealers were very responsive to owner problems and dealt with them without issue.

·
Registered
433 Posts
It doesn't happen on my car, probably because it is dsg but possibly because I always switch the stop/start off..!.
If it was me, I would report it to VW customer services..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.