Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had door seals that have start to spilt.
My T-Cross was new in September 2019 and has just had its second service with only 12700 miles on the clock.
I highlighted the fact the both front doors and one rear door has door rubbers/seals that are spilt and crumbling. But was told nothing can be down under warranty and that it was wear and tear.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That sounds pretty bad and unusual in my experience -- they will continue to rot. I have just had my second service and afterwards gave the car a good clean and wax with Autoglym in preparation for Autumn/Winter. I checked all the seals which seemed in good condition but you have made me think perhaps I should treat them all with stuff I used on my old Auldi which I had for 17 years with perfect seals. I think you should pursue this with VW as it's not good enough! lbe interesting to see if any other ownesr have this problem.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
There was another comment on here to the effect of door card eating seals... Have a search for it.

Ah, I see you found it already :)

How can it be wear and tear? There is no wear, the doors mate up to the seals. I had a tiguan for 6 years and the seals were immaculate. Escalate to VW customer service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had door seals that have start to spilt.
My T-Cross was new in September 2019 and has just had its second service with only 12700 miles on the clock.
I highlighted the fact the both front doors and one rear door has door rubbers/seals that are spilt and crumbling. But was told nothing can be down under warranty and that it was wear and tear.
I have an in warranty 2019 T cross with 30k on the clock and the seal on the driver side has split. I obtained an independent garage to assess the car and found it to be accelerated ware and tear and question the quality of the material. The VW deal has refused to replace the seal.
as a result I am now taking this to the motor ombudsman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts