Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had door seals that have start to spilt.
My T-Cross was new in September 2019 and has just had its second service with only 12700 miles on the clock.
I highlighted the fact the both front doors and one rear door has door rubbers/seals that are spilt and crumbling. But was told nothing can be down under warranty and that it was wear and tear.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That sounds pretty bad and unusual in my experience -- they will continue to rot. I have just had my second service and afterwards gave the car a good clean and wax with Autoglym in preparation for Autumn/Winter. I checked all the seals which seemed in good condition but you have made me think perhaps I should treat them all with stuff I used on my old Auldi which I had for 17 years with perfect seals. I think you should pursue this with VW as it's not good enough! lbe interesting to see if any other ownesr have this problem.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There was another comment on here to the effect of door card eating seals... Have a search for it.

Ah, I see you found it already :)

How can it be wear and tear? There is no wear, the doors mate up to the seals. I had a tiguan for 6 years and the seals were immaculate. Escalate to VW customer service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts