Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I wonder if anyone can help me on 2 queries I have .
I pick my car up next week but dealer can't do proper handover due to virus so if anyone can help in the following it would be appreciated
Dsg gearbox
I drove a t cross with paddles so was able to put it in manual and use them , however my sel has no paddles . How do I select manual and change gear using the stick ?
Rear view camera
Never had one before so I notice it has a red line on the display is that as far as you can go back when reversing?
Sorry if this sounds basic but I have no clue
Also I have park assist fitted is it just a matter of braking and changing gear to use this , I assume you don't touch the throttle as the creeping would move the car?

T cross reef blue 1.0dsg
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Hi and welcome to driving a T-Cross!

DSG without paddles, you just flick the stick to the right, and flick it forward to change up, and flick it backward to change down. Flick the stick back to the middle to resume automatic. Just remember you're in manual if pulling away as I've sometimes forgotten and it's revving like mad (can't over rev the engine has limiters, but still scary)

Reversing camera, yup the red line is the safe gap behind the car. You can go closer that's up to you. I have the camera on my Tig and use it to back the tow ball up to the caravan hitch, much closer than the red line.

Park assist, I also have on my Tig: You press the button once for parallel park, twice for parking at right angles, indicate which side you want to park, and as you pass a suitable space it'll offer it. You may need to tickle the throttle to move into the slot, but DSG creep should provide sufficient movement to manoeuvre. It does the steering (scary) and guides you to stop or go forward or backward.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome. I drove mine back from dealer, it doesn't have paddles and I'd inadvertently knocked the gear stick somehow. I drove and it was so loud. Felt like I needed to change gear, but had no idea what I'd done, lol

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
I've found it too easy to knock the stick as your hand returns from the climate settings as they're quite low down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.