Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Hopefully the last of my initial questions!!

Anyone with a SEL DSG - and does it have paddle shift?

The brochure seems to suggest that paddle shift only comes with the R-Line DSG. But in the dealers at the weekend there was a non-R Line version DSG and it had '-' and '+ off' paddles. Dealer was unsure whether they all had them or not!

Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi, ive a se dsg coming and using the vw configurator the last page interior pics do show the paddles. So id guess yes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah - right..... I can just about make them out on the side view!

Thanks

·
Registered
424 Posts
There are no "paddles" for gear shift on my dsg....there is ,however, the optional manual, sequential gear shift via the gear stick..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Halin9 said:
There are no "paddles" for gear shift on my dsg....there is ,however, the optional manual, sequential gear shift via the gear stick..
The plot thickens! The one in the dealers had the following steering wheel. But a non R Line version... i think it was a SE DSG. You can just make out the small paddles with the - and + on.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well thats a early Tiguan,,, And left hand drive so different market and there's clearly an 'R' logo at the bottom of the wheel

Not a comparison unfortunately . Paddles anyway... whole point of dsg is not to change gear for me :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
For info, my T-Cross came with paddles as did the demonstrator and showroom models. All LHD. Furthermore, VW Polos from 2019 with DSG came with paddles also. So my guess is that it's a standard feature across the range.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spc369 said:
Well thats a early Tiguan,,, And left hand drive so different market and there's clearly an 'R' logo at the bottom of the wheel

Not a comparison unfortunately .
And probably the wrong colour too!! ;)

The picture was just to show the ridiculously small paddles that I saw on the dealers - in case anyone had missed them!

So it looks like we have some with and some without (or not noticed!) at the moment. I know what you mean about not needing them, the Yeti doesn't have them and they have not been missed..... that said they have been good fun in a couple of hire cars I've had. By fun I obviously mean being childish and dropping gears for no apparent reason :lol: :oops:

What's the betting that us week 36ers will end up with one of each!

·
Registered
54 Posts
The rline I test drove had them, tried them a couple of times during the test, maybe fun to use in sports mode. For me getting an automatic is all about not having to worry about changing gear, my theory is DSG knows best.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TR7_Driver said:
The rline I test drove had them
That's the confusing bit. In the VW blurb it says the R Line gets the paddles over and above the other versions. But other versions do seem to be coming with them.

Not important... just curious :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TR7_Driver said:
Perhaps it's a parts availability issues and having to fit an RLine steering column.
Yeah. That's what I was wondering. Could be luck of the draw. Knowing my luck I won't even have a steering wheel!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks to me that we are talking different markets here..! There are definitely no paddles on my UK dsg....one of the above owners has a T-cross "lounge".....! that's not a UK model...so different specs in different countries..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Halin9 said:
Looks to me that we are talking different markets here..! There are definitely no paddles on my UK dsg....one of the above owners has a T-cross "lounge".....! that's not a UK model...so different specs in different countries..
Nope... Unless Wolverhampton has moved out of the UK! Definately a non R Line dsg in the showroom with paddles!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Phil10 said:
I collected my SE DSG on 13th August and yes it has paddles.
And do they work ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My new SEL arrived on Thursday and does not have paddle shift.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts