Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Has anyone got a Dual Sim Mobile Phone paired with their T-Cross ?

I have just had an upgrade to a dual Sim phone, and when you dial a number on the phone you then get a pop up asking which sim you want to use to make the call.

With this phone then paired to the T-Cross, when I dial using the infotainment screen, I get an error saying something about not being able to make a call, but when I look on my phone the pop up asking which sim to use is there.

So, it is now not possible to make a call from the infotainment without quickly grabbing the phone to answer the question ?
However, It does work fine through the car system if I make the call from the phone itself !!

So, I am guessing that dual sim phones are not compatible with the T-Cross Infotainment as the pop up question is not transferred to the infotainment screen..

Removing one of the sim cards from the mobile so the pop up question goes away makes it work again !!

With more and more mobile phones now offering dual sim features, I wonder if this will get fixed in the future ?

Anyone seen this, I wondered if there is a work round or a setting on the phone to stop this happening as I haven't found one yet ?

Ta.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a dualsim Samsung S7 and I use an app called Dual Sim Selector (I just notiiced that it's not available anymore on the playstore) which automatically selects the proper simcard based on rules you set up. For me that works without any issues on my T-Cross.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,
I have a samsung galaxy J4+ dualism, on the phone go into settings, into sim card management and select your preferred sim, number one or two, i have mine set on number one and it works fine, but as i understand it the info system will only recognize that one sim and so you cant use the duel sim facility through the info system. if i use the phone on it's own it still asks which sim to use as normal. Hope this helps.

T-cross, Advance 1.0 DSG.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.