Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an ex demo T Cross R line to avoid the long wait as I urgently required replacement car. Although pleased with purchase I do find the interior somewhat drab bordering on miserable not helped by recent dull weather. Shades of grey throughout with black roof lining. Being ex demo I could not avail myself of any of the design packs which are an acquired taste anyhow although the colourful striped seats on one pack look great.
Does anyone have any imaginative ideas how to break the monotony without going over the top? I think VW missed a trick here compared to the T Roc interior colourful with its bright touches. Ideas welcome. At least the Active Info Display gives some relief with its smart graphics and my turquoise paintwork looks bril. Looking for inspiration!

T Cross DSG R line in Makena Turquoise
Electric folding mirrors
Beats sound system
Rear camera

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
Possibly a vinyl wrap for the dash if that's possible. I chose the SEL to get a light roof lining.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I agree with digital racer.....never did like black headlining, always makes a car very dark inside, supposed to be sporty though..!
As for improvements...not sure , haven't seen any after market things yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Apart from the suggestion by Digital Racer You can search for Flexible Trim Moulding Strip..Rolls in various colours can be bought quite cheaply online.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks TX19. Presumably the Flexible Moulding Strip is a non VW product. There appears to be little in the way of decoration on T Cross accessories -I wonder if this will change with time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Digressing a little, I have just noticed a useful sectional tray that fit snugly into the deep box under central armrest making that area doubly useful. Grey with either white or red markings for less than a tenner. Overall, there does not appear to be much in the way of accessories yet for the T Cross -- perhaps too early.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got one of the trays off amazon but I paid £16.80 with delivery.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As above, look under Amazon - scroll down to - T CROSS car armrest storage console organiser container. If you hunt around you can get this for a tad under £4. I have also seen a PVC black leather style cover for armrest with red stitching cost around £12. Looks smart and supposed to prevent armrest from wearing. There are quite a few unique items for T Cross around now but from a US website - mainly in black and red -- steering wheel cover etc but may be for different model. Also items to stop wing mirrors fogging up. I guess lots more will appear as the car becomes more widely known. Have still to see a T Cross where I live in Surrey but plenty of T Rocs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts