Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just purchased a 21 plate t-cross SEL edition, my question is should it have electric folding mirrors as mine hasn't. Everywhere I look it says it comes as standard on the Sel edition.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
377 Posts
Mine is 20 months old, just looked at receipt and it was a £150 option.
But the current spec for SEL looking online seems to state it is standard now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Was on option on my SEL too..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I paid extra for folding mirrors but it looks like they're standard on the SEL now.

I suppose there will be many SEL models that have been in showrooms for a few months that don't have them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Digitalracer said:
Mine is 20 months old, just looked at receipt and it was a £150 option.
But the current spec for SEL looking online seems to state it is standard now.
I kept the e-brochure from when I bought my T-Cross last year (issue dated 6/11/20) and electric folding mirrors are a chargeable option (£160) on all models.

The current brochure seems to imply electric folding mirrors are standard on the SE and upwards, and the only way of getting them as an option listed is for a Parking Pack for the S

I'm guessing your car is an ex-stock one which predates the most recent spec revision

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your replies, we bought ours from showroom as none available, just a bit miffed we paid full price expecting standard spec and feel salesman should have told us it didn't have standard SEL spec.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Bottom line is that really for SEL spec you would have thought folding mirrors should have been standard from the start.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Halin9 said:
I think you have cause for complaint as you have been sold an old model at current full price...!...take it back..
Totally agree, I would definitely go back!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Digitalracer said:
Halin9 said:
I think you have cause for complaint as you have been sold an old model at current full price...!...take it back..
Totally agree, I would definitely go back!!
Definitely - download the most recent spec document from the VW web site at https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live/sites/vwuk/files/pdf/Brochures/t-cross-brochure-pricelist-p11d.pdf and take it into the dealer and show him that the spec states that models from the SE and above have electric folding mirrors with puddle lights etc etc as per the attached and ask him for a partial refund as you've been sold an old model year version without having been told it wasn't the current specification. I'd guess you would be within your rights to reject it under the Sale of Goods Act as what you have been sold has been misrepresented to you (i.e. you've bought something on the premise it was what was currently advertised on the company's web site and publicity material and the dealer has sold you something different without informing you). I had a similar situation where a well known dealer (A C) sold me an out of spec Corsa without telling me and they eventually refunded me £1000 once I threatened to go to litigation

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.