Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced the emergency brake? :?

So far, the car has applied the emergency break on three occasions - once there was a car behind me which I saw and was not going to hit.

Twice I probably would have reversed into something - not paying attention!

It's obviously worth having for someone like me but it feels so violent I actually thought I'd hit something - just wondering if anyone knows what the criteria is for applying the brake?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got it once, was already starting to brake and the car just went and did it ahead, and in other 2 occasions only got the red, loud warning.

At first it's the loud warning, and if you don't do anything you get the brake. It feels violent because it waits for the driver to do something until the last moments. But I find it nice to have

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the red light a few times, sometimes I feel it is somewhat premature but no problem. I've noticed it more when ACC ON.

On the occasion I said I wasn't going to hit anything, I had also started to break.

Both other times I was reversing towards a fence, the first time I felt it I thought I had hit something.

No complaints from me at all, seems like a great safety feature!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Happened to me once so far.... I was reversing on a narrow road to let an oncoming car pass....was getting close to a stone wall, but ok... I have the reversing camera.. The brakes slammed on, as you say , quite severely, but it does seem a great safety feature..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.