Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T Cross is currently with the detailer for a ceramic coating - Gyeon Duraflex. So far it's been washed, decontamiated and machine polished to remove some factory/dealer's defects in the paint.

Next up is application of the coating and temperature controlled and infa red curing.

Just in time to pick it up tomorrow and get it filthy lol. Will try and get some more pics when I pick it up.

Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
Good pic, looking great. Can't wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Stunning colour. :cool:

·
Registered
360 Posts
How did ceramic coating go...and was there any protection for the black exterior trim?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Digitalracer said:
How did ceramic coating go...and was there any protection for the black exterior trim?
Still with the detailers. He found some marks in the paint which in investigation appear to be caused by the transport film. Apparently they are seeing this more and more on VAG cars, BMW and Porsche.

He is currently using a heavier compound which is working. I trust him to do more than I would the dealer.

Will try and get some pics of the defects to share. He took a video.

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Halin9 said:
Looking good..interesting about the paint defects..! What sort of cost is this..?
Not sure what the final cost will be as having some paint protection film added to the rear bumper and the black door pillars.

The new car detail was around £250.

·
Registered
360 Posts
That sounds a good price. I was quoted £300 for Williams Ceramic coating including interior and boot protection. Is there any protection for the plastic cladding?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Digitalracer said:
That sounds a good price. I was quoted £300 for Williams Ceramic coating including interior and boot protection. Is there any protection for the plastic cladding?
Hi

Paint protection film is being applied to the black pillars and the bumper top.

They will do a whole car in it... But that costs around £3k!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some quick pics off my phone on collection. The B pillar and the boot show the self healing paint protection film.... Or don't as its almost invisible 😂

I'll do a separate post on the defects when he sends me the pictures over. I'll be calling into VW to show them and see if they want to make a contribution to putting it right!

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Vehicle Window Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow...certainly looks very shiny..👍......must try and find a local, West Yorkshire, detailer.....! Looks well worth the cost.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Halin9 said:
Wow...certainly looks very shiny..👍......must try and find a local, West Yorkshire, detailer.....! Looks well worth the cost.
Cheers... It makes it much easier to clean as well!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thats another level. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
spc369 said:
Thats another level. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Thanks. My camper was done in 2014 and still looks like new when cleaned. As long as you look after the coatings by avoiding aggressive chemicals typically found in the hand car wash centres they last really well.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
So you like green then ? 😂😂😂

·
Registered
313 Posts
T5's a beauty

1 - 18 of 18 Posts