Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not having much luck at the moment as a new problem has since arisen with an orange warning engine/emissions sign showing on dash. Have booked car into garage tomorrow. Have recently noticed that my MPG is poor compared to many on this forum and put it down to frequent short journeys. Also notice fuel marks on drive when reversing from exhaust but I had this with my old Audi so not sure if normal. Hope nothing too serious and covered by warranty as car has only done just over 3000 miles!

Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
As I started to read your post I initially thought sensor failure, but if your mpg is poor that indicates a problem. Will be interesting to see what they find. I'm just coming up to 3,000 miles with mostly short trips due to lock down and checked today and my long term is 47.2 with the DSG, so more than happy with that. Hope all gets sorted 馃

Registered
Thanks, might well be relevant 馃憤 I am due my first service very soon, and will definitely ask the question.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange, the emissions orange warning light disappeared the day I was due to go to garage so cancelled booking. Car due a service end of month so will ask a few pertinent questions then.

R line DSG 115 in Makena Turquoise
Electric mirrors
Sound Beats system,
Active Info display
Rear camera

Registered
I just sent a email to my dealer asking about this recall.
I'm in Australia here... which last time I checked was part of the world.

Super Moderator
Checked a few weeks ago while my Tig was in for a service, it's only certain batches, our 2020 cross was not needing this.

Registered
Looks like you may be correct Dapple
The reply I just received from the dealer was "There are currently no recalls for your vehicle"

I gave them my VIM so I presume they checked correctly.

Super Moderator
That's for safety recalls but doesn't cover non safety related recalls such as this.

Registered
I am just a little concerned about taking a 1.0l 115 car in for a recall when VW are only currently offering the 1.0l with 110 ! is this something to do with the new injectors? do I want to lose 5Hp ? will it make a noticeable difference? I would have thought only having 115 hp we need to keep as many of those horses in the stable as possible.

Registered
tcross said:
I am just a little concerned about taking a 1.0l 115 car in for a recall when VW are only currently offering the 1.0l with 110 ! is this something to do with the new injectors? do I want to lose 5Hp ? will it make a noticeable difference? I would have thought only having 115 hp we need to keep as many of those horses in the stable as possible.
I think it's only a change of injectors, so hopefully no effect on power.
Does anyone know if both the 95 and 115bhp versions are affected? Apparently they say it is a 2-3hr job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.