Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please send a sound recording of them starting their 1litre engine t-cross with DSG? And also a sound recording of the gearbox when driving in reverse pls.

My T-Cross was hit from behind on motorway by a large SUV. As well as lots of damage to the bodywork, there is now a strange hollow clunk/reverberation as the starter motor winds done on ignition, and a constant clicking/grinding sound when in reverse.

I reported these sounds when the vehicle went in for repairs, but the car was returned from the body shop without the strange noises fixed because "its unlikely these were caused by a rear impact". I've done less than 5k miles and vehicle still under warranty, so obviously if these were pre-existing, I'd have gone back to the dealer.

I don't have recordings of "normal" sounds pre-incident, so hoping someone here could provide them to help me push the insurer to look again rather than dismissing these as "normal wear and tear".

On the plus side, the T-Cross safety system kicked in, seat belt pre-tensioners kept us and kids in place, engine and fuel pump cut off, and the SOS system dialled the emergency services for us.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sadddened to hear your story; I think the best course of action would be to take the vehicle to your VW dealer and have them listen to the noise, and drive the vehicle and provide a report so that you can use it to have the insurance company accept their responsibility. I don't believe that the insurers will take note of any personal sound recordings, but may respond to a VW report. Cheers-John

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @AussieJohn I actually have done exactly what you say.

I was after sounds to reinforce the point, especially if condition is not equivalent to prior state even after further repair.

If I think it sounds odd, then a future buyer will probably do likewise.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tbh the 1L engine doesn't sound great as it ages. The first thing I noticed when I bought the T-Cross was how silent the engine is but after 10k miles on the clock it makes all kind of noises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.