Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.6 TDI , 2019 purchased a few weeks ago. Travelling home from work and while travelling along at say 30 mph slowing down at approaching junction message flashes up on computer "Manual Restart Engine ". At the junction, the engine turns off (stop start was already turned off). I restart and the rev counter indicated just under 1000 rpm (normal idle indication) but as soon as I place a demand on the accelerator the engine cuts out. This repeats several times as I try to restart the car. Eventually, on something like 5th attempt, the car starts. This is now the 2nd time this has happened - first occasion Stop Start was enabled , 2nd time stop start disabled. Any thoughts - anybody experienced anything like this? Oh, OBD codes checked - no fault codes recorded ! My initial thoughts was a faulty sensor ( air mass etc) or faulty fuel pump or maybe even alternator.

Registered
As above. Used to have this this with my daughter's Punto - once the engine warmed up the crankshaft position sensor occasionally went out of spec and stopped the engine. Once cooled down the car could be restarted. New 拢28 sensor and 5 minutes to replace and the car was perfect again. Well worth checking it out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KLM Tcross and oldiebut goodie, thanks for that. Sounds plausible albeit that there are no faults codes showing - Im assuming that a faulty camshaft sensor would present a fault code. Anyway I'll certainly look into it. Been driving without any further incident for the past 2 weeks say albeit not usual mileage (covid restrictions etc) . I had wondered if it was a temperature related thing and what with the milder weather ! There must be a way of determining what conditions are able to prompt "restart engine manually" message ". Anyway thanks for the heads up, I'll be looking into the camshaft sensor then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.